How rare are PRS guitars with ebony fretboard?

Over here we might call that a Wood Library run. Plus, Japan seems to get unique colors that we don't see in the States. Be happy with what you got, don't ask why!

I tried uploading pictures from my phone yesterday but I can't seem to figure it out...
You can't upload from a computer/phone/device. You must upload your pics to a third party site like Imgur or Flickr and then copy-paste a direct link to the image here. PRS doesn't want to offer disk space for your photos (because that costs money), rightfully so, since this forums is really just a nice CSR service for owners.

Over here we might call that a Wood Library run. Plus, Japan seems to get unique colors that we don't see in the States. Be happy with what you got, don't ask why!

Yeah Japan gets some stuff we can't explain. I'd guess there are special runs by dealers, plus maybe some different stuff to better appeal to that market. But then again, even here in the States, there are oddities. They're creative folks in Maryland and they like to throw in a surprise now and then.

I've also seen "a la carte" guitars where dealers are allowed to pick option combos not normally available. For example, there are a bunch of 594's out there with stained maple necks, which is usually limited to Private Stock.

It's just confusing cause I know the states has mine as well but maybe 5 in total. I think mine has the craziest flame of them all. My dealer didn't really explain much to me except it was a limited run and it had an ebony fretboard and headstock veneer. It's one hell of a guitar though for sure.

hdmAH

Not rare at all and it's becoming increasingly common.

Have to disagree, when compared to the number of guitars that PRS puts on the market, it's actually pretty rare.
Just look on their website, only one model with a ebony fretboard.

Back