How It Feels To Hear Your Band's Record On Apple Beats1 Radio!

László

Too Many Notes
How It Feels To Hear Your Band's Record On The Radio The First Time!

Apple Beats 1 Radio is a huge success. So how's it feel to hear your song for the first time on the radio?

Jamie and his band Partybaby were on the road and suddenly their new song "Your Old Man," (that I've linked in another thread) came on Beats 1 Radio...and...I guess it's not TOO exciting. LOL!

[video=vimeo;148544674]https://vimeo.com/148544674[/video]

Pretty damn cool, methinks! Zane Lowe was the DJ who played it.

Nice interview on DIYmag.com that I can't link here because it has a naughty word in the title. LOL

Last edited:
PS, I think this stuff about my son's band's progress is fun, and besides I live vicariously anyway.

Folks here have encouraged me to keep posting about the band's progress. But if it's getting to be a bit much, just let me know.

For me, it's like watching a fun movie.

I think that's pretty awesome. I bet you're a proud papa!

Yeah, true that.

But I'm just mostly excited to see this thing take off, my son and his bandmate Noah have worked really, really hard for a long time to make this happen.

And while hard work is its own reward, success ain't so bad either! :top:

Right on! I was lucky enough to hear myself on the radio once... we knew the DJ, but still! We were coming back from playing an out of town gig and tuned in to her show, and the second or third song was us. It was a trip! I felt much the same way.

Right on! I was lucky enough to hear myself on the radio once... we knew the DJ, but still! We were coming back from playing an out of town gig and tuned in to her show, and the second or third song was us. It was a trip! I felt much the same way.

Bet you had a great day that day!

I remember the first time one of the commercials I did the music for came on TV - it was fun and exciting, but this is so much cooler than some dumb commercial.

This is the real deal. No wonder he's stoked!

Friday night I get to see the band in Detroit, and then I'm going to Chicago for the show there.

I'm very excited. Tonight they're in NYC, they just played Boston, Philly, and NJ since my last post about this.

Back