how can a guy find out how the guitar was made model ect with just a serial number

MichaelDJones

Hi i am about to travel a couple hundred miles to buy a used PRS Serial Number 523180 I am going to buy a first edition PRS book and i have been to other sites with base used prices of what to give and i figure the book will allow for some specifics or at least i would hope it would. But i have been looking and there are an awful lot of PRS 24's but most are beaten up junk this one could pass the mustard test I know its a 95 i also know that was when the upgraded the neck heel if it is a custom 24 which i think it is now whether or not its ce or a cu i am attempting to find out plus any additional info the pics suck and i am new so i cannot post any pics less the url which is a total embedding of a guitar i would just as soon buy prior to anyone knowing where i found it HELP

Dude! Puncuation!

Email PRS customer service the serial number and they should be able to help you out.

Not sure how the book will help you or even what you are asking...

A Custom has a mahogany set neck. A CE has a bolt on maple neck. Pretty easy to tell the difference.

Verify that the guitar is not a fake if you can't tell on your own by contacting PRS. Eye ball the condition of the guitar when it's in hand and if it passes your standards then get it.

'95 is pre-MODCAT, but pulling the bridge pickup is still useful. The SN, color, and model details should be written there in pen.

Back