Hotel Blocks 4 Experience PRS?

goof1073

In years past PRS had posted that hey had room blocks / special rates within some of the local hotels, but I haven't seen any mention of that on their website yet.
  • Am I just missing it?
  • Are they doing that again this year?
  • Anyone tried to book and found out they do exist?
I checked for availability at my usual spots and they didn't have any vacancy's. I don't mind staying at a "Plan B" location like I did in 2016, but it's not my first choice.

Any insight / info is appreciated.

PRS stopped any involvement in hotels a few years ago.
Just book something you don’t mind the drive to the factory from.
Hilton Garden Inn on the island is usually the first choice, but good odds the gang has grabbed all the rooms already.

PRS stopped any involvement in hotels a few years ago.
Just book something you don’t mind the drive to the factory from.
Hilton Garden Inn on the island is usually the first choice, but good odds the gang has grabbed all the rooms already.

I thought Hilton Garden rooms were pretty bad! But the gang that stayed there was cool and it was fun to sit around the lobby, swap stories, and have sips of Jamie M’s whisky.

Makes for an unforgettable weekend.

Haven't booked a room yet. Have stayed at HGI, but want to be on the other side of the bridge this time. If I can't get a room across the bridge, I'm bringing Scotch. Aww, who am I kidding? I'm bringing Scotch regardless.

I did hear dealers will be welcomed back this spring and likely general public tours to follow. So hopefully experience in the summer? Not sure when they typically occurred

I thought Hilton Garden rooms were pretty bad! But the gang that stayed there was cool and it was fun to sit around the lobby, swap stories, and have sips of Jamie M’s whisky.

Makes for an unforgettable weekend.
You should have been there the night when Jack Gretz, Fellipe Lopez and I killed a bottle of Knob Creek...

Oh, the stories that were told...

It's about a decade, and I don't think Fellipe has fully recovered...

Good to see you're already thinking ahead for PRS! I hear ya, it's always nice to have the room block option. Unfortunately, I haven't seen any mention of room blocks on their website either. But don't worry, there are still plenty of options out there.
Have you tried checking out some of the broadbeach hotels? They might have some availability and could be a solid Plan B for you. And if you end up booking there, let us know how it goes!
If all else fails, you could always consider a vacation rental or Airbnb. Just make sure to book soon before everything gets snapped up.

Last edited:
Back