Hollowbody/Archon Clean + Mid Gain Clips

Chris Lee

Worked on a couple of PRS Archon 100 demos, nothing really high gain here though - there's enough out there with this guy doing gainy stuff, I also haven't gotten to it.

First clip is some clean stuff, modulated and dry, set up for a more scooped chimey clean
Second clip is some mid-gain stuff, how the Archon reacts with pedals, clean set on the Archon for a very neutral, flat sound that will work great with pedals

Hope you guys enjoy. Thanks!

MAN I like that Moog Analog Delay in the second clip btw...some very nice quality recording, Chris...what pickups are in the HB?

Thanks!!! Man, the Moog has spoiled me on delays, I love it. I'm glad I bought mine a couple months before they discontinued it it too!

I just have the stock 57/08s in the HB2. It's a 2014 model with a coil tap switch and piezo.

Well, those demos absolutely rock! The tones are really sweet and the playing is excellent. I loved them. Thanks!

Thanks Les! That means a lot coming from you. I hope to add some gainier clips soon!

Good stuff! I think I heard some clipping though, especially in the first video. For me it was kinda' distracting and detracted a bit from what was otherwise a very professional and high quality presentation. I still enjoyed it, it's just something to consider for future videos if you can find the perfect level to record at, or if you have a limiter that could cut off the peaks more gently. :)

Also, everyone else, don't forget if you have a YouTube account you can click on the little YouTube icon to go to YouTube and give the videos a like! That will help make sure more people see them.

Nice, thanks for sharing. Loved the bit of "Free" in the second clip, one my my Dad's fav bands so I grew up listening to a bit of them.

Hmm I wanna go work on my vibrato (Kossoff) now!

Nice, thanks for sharing. Loved the bit of "Free" in the second clip, one my my Dad's fav bands so I grew up listening to a bit of them.

Hmm I wanna go work on my vibrato (Kossoff) now!

Thanks!!! I love that riff

Good stuff! I think I heard some clipping though, especially in the first video. For me it was kinda' distracting and detracted a bit from what was otherwise a very professional and high quality presentation. I still enjoyed it, it's just something to consider for future videos if you can find the perfect level to record at, or if you have a limiter that could cut off the peaks more gently. :)

Also, everyone else, don't forget if you have a YouTube account you can click on the little YouTube icon to go to YouTube and give the videos a like! That will help make sure more people see them.

Thanks for the feedback! Thi actually went through my mind and I should have spent some more time mixing the audio. I think I actually raised the volume in final cut vs the original track.

Thanks for listening and providing that feedback

Back