High pitched noise

Lyric

So today when a friend came over I was showing him my new Archon 100 and out of nowhere when I paused for a brief moment this high pitched squal that was electrical sounding started really faint and it started to get slowly louder. It sounded like a fizzling airplane or something similar. Hard to describe but yeah. But before it got to loud I placed the head into standby mode. I waited a couple minutes and switched back on and everything ran as normal for next hour with no issues.

Thing is I’m not sure if something was wrong with the amp or possibly some kind of electrical interference elsewhere coming through. In my music room I have a ceiling fan and I never turn it on while playing because it has issues with the light flickering sometimes and I don’t want any interference but,,,, while playing I had the ceiling fan on so we could have more light to see and it was flickering at times. I’m thinking it’s possible this could have caused the noise.

Also in the surrounding area around us were little thunderstorms passing through but there were no storms over us at that moment. When it’s storms I never have my amp powered on or plugged up. Could thunder or lightning from far away possibly have made its way towards my amp? Again no storms over us but there were storms a county away or so.

Anyways the amp is working fine after I placed it into standby and waited a couple minutes and switched it back on. I’m hoping it was just small interference starting to come through and that it didn’t do anything bad to the internals.

Any thoughts? You guys think I’ll be fine?

Thanks

t sounds like a freak treble feedback for whatever reason. I don't think your lighting would do that, if anything you would hear a crackle as the light flickers. Same with EMI generated by lightening, like you hear when listening to a radio during storms. To be honest the only high pitch noise I've encountered is my wife whining the volume was too high.

t sounds like a freak treble feedback for whatever reason. I don't think your lighting would do that, if anything you would hear a crackle as the light flickers. Same with EMI generated by lightening, like you hear when listening to a radio during storms. To be honest the only high pitch noise I've encountered is my wife whining the volume was too high.

Could have been treble feedback possibly

And yes the fiancé was yelling to turn it down lmao :D

Back