hi all...2010 custom 24 quilted? 10 top

stephan

IM SORRY GUYS SHES NOT A 2010 SHES A 2000

i know shes a quilted for sure,,and to me anyway i find that quilted has a kind of 3d effect with more life to the finish than the flames..although i feel that the flames have more color
mine is a trem with a 5 way rotary switch..and HFS on the treble and vintage for the base..and she is ineed flawless with all the papers hang cards etc..would she be worthy of a 2800 market value?..im canadian so im guessing that would be 2400 usd?

thanks

Last edited:
ahh i get it,,lol..well then 2400 usd would not be A BIT steep if you recommend that i reduce it by 1200 usd..but yes shes yours my friend..i will sell it to you for 1200 usd..plus another 1100 usd for tolerance lol..ok so you mentioned that 2400 usd is a bit steep..so say what..2200usd?..that would be about 2650 canadian?..the average is about 2650 cdn..but reverbs and ebays are so inconsistant so i wanted to ask the prs gang what they think

It's a few hundred higher than what I see on the top end of Kijiji, and about $1000 more expensive than I can find them for.

I'd say list it an see what happens, just don't be insulted when people low ball you.

so..what youre saying is that a 2010 quilted custom 24 10 top with all the papers is only like 1400 worthy? thats not even the 2000 mark

im seeing a bunch of custom 24s 10 tops going for 2200 usd..2300 usd,,i se none for 1400 usd guys..or am i missing something

ok now i find a few at those prices..i looked at the sold section on ebay..the majority is above the 1900 but yes some are 1400,,but they look very plain

Last edited:
ahh i get it,,lol..well then 2400 usd would not be A BIT steep if you recommend that i reduce it by 1200 usd..but yes shes yours my friend..i will sell it to you for 1200 usd..plus another 1100 usd for tolerance lol..ok so you mentioned that 2400 usd is a bit steep..so say what..2200usd?..that would be about 2650 canadian?..the average is about 2650 cdn..but reverbs and ebays are so inconsistant so i wanted to ask the prs gang what they think

:) I kid my friend, and not exactly sure what a fair price is.

But, there are plenty of people that are probably owed a tolerance fee from me!

i like,,believe me i have sense of homor that has caused me to have 2 scars on my face to prove it lol..lifetime ago but still..well i just finished checking on kijiji and one like mine is being sold by a guy who is a decades lover of prs and hes selling his 2005 for 2650..but slightly flawed..mine is mirror bang mint..he claimes i can ask about 200 more but..they are for people with money..mehhh..besides i usually or always trade my beasts anyway..peace prs lovers

i like,,believe me i have sense of homor that has caused me to have 2 scars on my face to prove it lol..lifetime ago but still..well i just finished checking on kijiji and one like mine is being sold by a guy who is a decades lover of prs and hes selling his 2005 for 2650..but slightly flawed..mine is mirror bang mint..he claimes i can ask about 200 more but..they are for people with money..mehhh..besides i usually or always trade my beasts anyway..peace prs lovers

A good trade is the way to go... seems like I never get what I think gear is worth!

hes selling his 2005 for 2650..but slightly flawed..mine is mirror bang mint..he claimes i can ask about 200 more but..they are for people with money..mehhh..besides i usually or always trade my beasts anyway..peace prs lovers
Just because it is listed at $2650 doesn’t mean there is a buyer at that price. I wouldn’t expect that much for my 2009 quilt that is mint.
Trade if you don’t like the dollar amount.

howdy,,oops my bad..shes not a 2010 shes a 2000..with seymour dunkin stock vintage base?..i always assumed they ended their partnership before 2000..but yes i spend the night talking with many prs lovers and when i told them that shes a 2000 flawless and i mean i checked her out with a fine toothed eyeball..no fret wear no humidity damage no scratches no chips anywhere,,all the case candy even a modern eagle prs pick?..never seen that before..yes i can ask for 2800 to 2900 or ask for a trade financially worthy..but now..im not sure if i wish to..thanks muchachas

.dont be shy,,tell me what you think..of course if you dont agree than of course i wont listen...lol

Are you buying or selling that guitar? It's against the rules for us to try and advertise, or link to member guitars for sale on this forum.

However, if there were a "for sale" section here, and if it weren't against the clearly stated forum rules that you read, it would be uncouth of me to tell you you're f@cking dreaming at that price.... unless $2750 Canadian is equal to about $1500 US?

no my friend not at all..i have from many sources that 2750 is fair and these sources are individuals and retailers who specify in prs guitars,,of course im not talking about a plain mira or a standard now..no 1500 usd is about 1900 cad....no im not trying to advertise i just dont remember which site that i use to reformatte the pictures,,no dreamings,,in fact ive been told that this price is very fair by others with countless years experience in dealing with prs than i do..in fact there is a prs 2003 quilted that is going for 2600 and she is beautiful but not flawless..he was offered 2400 but refused..no mine is a very fair price indeed..but thanks though

https://reverb.com/item/6999160-paul-reed-smith-custom-24-10top-violin-amber-burst-2009
https://reverb.com/item/7185413-amazing-prs-custom-24-2004-in-a-beautiful-emerald-green-ohsc
https://reverb.com/item/7192757-prs-custom-24-10-top-vintage-yellow-2002-s573

best i can do i suppose,,there are not many at all custom 24's of my era being sold..and these are flawed in some minor way here--minor way there..mine?,,mirror dead bang flawless,,and shes older than these..yes my price is very fair,,but once again guys not here to advertise,,just to show my fellow prs brothers and sisters that the advice i was given was the best one,,,and from you guys too of course..i will remove the posts after so to not cause any mis giviving and i was shocked to see that my standard 24 1994 is also worthy of a good 2300,,but once again with the rare beasts the only thing one can really do is go by people with more knowledge than the owner has

peace

Last edited:
Retail second hand prices and private market second hand prices are wildly different things. Also, people can advertise at whatever prices they like. If you're finding them up for sale at such prices then you know one thing for sure: No-one is racing to buy it.

most agreed..in retail one is expected to make somewhat of a profit for sure,,however you can be assured that they are indeed undamaged unflawed with all the case candy from factory no matter how old..these links that i have shown you are below mine yes but very flawed..with mine you literally have to hold it up to a strong light to see the whiskers..and that my friend is the extent of her wear..no one is racing because oh those flaws..as mentioned a man i spoke to refused a 2400 dollar offer for his 2003 of my same model..and there are almost 360 viewers..its atoss up..but this is prs flagship..ive seen singlecuts going for so much more then the price that some are saying that mine is worthy of,,i would reduce her by 250 for interested parties..but more learned parties have mentioned that mine..although a deal of fairness,,is ball park fair,,and of course the learned peiople here mention it isnt..its a toss up..but i can meet people in the middle if they are interested but i will not lowball myself....thanks your ino means a lot to me,,really does

oh..and for a great CE..bolt on?..ive noticed that this is the price that many say on quitars canada that mine is worthy of..1900?..those are prices for a great S2..mine TOWERSS over those..just to let you guys know..lol..

hi guys..last one..now i know im on the right track
ive just been offered a 2800 mesa boogie mark 5 combo with wicker grill...veryyyy tempting..but way to much amp fr a blues guy like me

Back