Hey Les, did you get it yet?

Hmmm....seems that there is like a 35 gig download....that's gonna take like...well, another time.

I just don't have the patience today.

Curious to see what "new" plugins they're offering up, hope the have their own version of "stutter edit".

Curious to see what "new" plugins they're offering up, hope the have their own version of "stutter edit".

Evidently there are some major improvements, and it looks pretty impressive. There is no upgrade pricing. The new version is still $200, but it's still a bargain relatively I guess.

The new interface is darker, and I think, nicer looking and seems like it'd be easier on the eyes in a dark studio.

Speaking of stutter edit and some other cool stuff, have you tried Artillery?

I am installing it tonight. So incredibly stoked about the new virtual drummer plugin. That alone is worth the upgrade price.

Speaking of stutter edit and some other cool stuff, have you tried Artillery?

I've played with some of the Sugar Bytes stuff at studios, but I have not purchased them for myself. In all honesty I find Logic pretty much comes with everything I need... except King Dubby Delay.

We want a full report! (when you're ready)

Had to do a lot of cleanup to uninstall Logic Studio 9 and I'm finally installing X. Probably won't be able to even play with it until tomorrow evening, sorry. :(

Ugh! you have to uninstall Logic Studio 9 first? I was a bit confused they have 35Gb download but I guess it's now just all Logic Pro X, no Studio designation for all the extra stuff.

No, you don't have to uninstall Logic 9 first. I was just trying to clean up my system. Logic 9 came with WaveBurner and Compressor and Qmaster and host of other stuff that is obviated by Logic Pro X.

But uninstalling Logic 9 is pretty much impossible. There's no uninstaller so you have to delete a bunch of stuff manually. I've installed Logic Pro X for now, but I'll probably spend this weekend reinstalling my iMac from scratch. That's not a requirement, it's just me being anal about my system. You can just install Logic Pro X over Logic 9.

And yes, there's 35GB of content you can download. The app itself is about 650 MB when you download it from the app store. When you first run it, it will download another 2 GB of essential content -- plugins and the like. Then you can download the other 35 GB of content -- samples, virtual instruments, etc. -- at any time.

Last edited:
Technically, there's no upgrade pricing. It's $200 for Logic Pro X, period, regardless of whether you own a previous version. Pretty awesome for a software suite that used to cost a grand or more. I've been using Logic since version 7, the first version released after Apple bought eMagic, and I'm really psyched to try this new version out -- I've never wanted to play hooky from work so bad.

Back