Help with colors...

Member DavidRome needs help with colors.

Ok, David, you're on...

Thank you for your help.

Okay's here's what I'm trying to do. I'm looking to order a Hollowbody II w/Piezo Artist Package (58/15 probably LT's). I'm told I can order quilted not flamed as I like the rolling glow you get with the quilt much better than the flame. I'm also considering an unfinished Rosewood neck but am open to flamed maple, maybe even finished in the color of the tops. I'd love to hear any thoughts on the neck materials if you have experience comparing them. In order to play these different option I will have to drive at least 3 hours away to find a dealer who has sufficient inventory.

I already have 3 PRS's
1. a gorgeous 2012 P22 Faded Blue Burst,
2. a 2005 HB1 w/Piezo Anniversary Natural Artist Package
3. an S2 Custom 24 Scarlet Red. So I don't want to double what I already have color wise.

I could post photos but I'm not sure it's necessary. My reason for wanting another HB is because the new ones sound very different from the old ones IMHO. And I really want this to be the nicest guitar I've ever purchased.

What I'm looking for a color that pops and is not so dark that it needs a spot light to see how nice it is. (Like Whale Blue which is kinda dark, I had one once) I generally like blues, purples, reds, teals and greens that fit have that look. I have been looking at any photos I can find online but the photos are often deceiving due to being poorly photographed or being flames or low grade tops or on a model where the back is different than what they are doing now. I've been leaning towards the Violet but I don't care for the natural mahogany color left between the tops. However, If I was able to see some quilted violets I might be persuaded. Lol - I'm not entirely sure which colors have the mahogany painted or stained other colors in between the tops but I know that some do.

Instead of listing all the colors I will only list the ones I'm most open to or interested in. Not that I couldn't change my mind. Lol I'll include some comments on my thoughts. Please know I'm not saying trying to offend anyone if I don't like some colors you may have. If you have photos of any of these, especially in a quilted top I would very much like to see it.
Available Artist Package Colors
  • Aquamarine - This could be a very nice option
  • Black Cherry* - Probably too dark
  • Black Gold Burst - Nice but possibly too dark unless you got a glowing curl look
  • Blue Fade - Not sure if I would like this one
  • Blue Green - Could be very nice with quilted tops
  • Blue Matteo - This could be nice
  • Eriza Verde - probably a bit too neon for me.
  • Faded Blue Burst - Only if I part with my P22
  • Faded Blue Jean - Better looking than I thought it would be
  • Faded Whale Blue* - would have to see in a quilt to know
  • Fire Red Burst - most seem too dark but not sure
  • Jade - I'm open but hasn't grabbed me
  • Makena Blue - photos have been very deceiving. This could be one of the better ones IMHO
  • Orange Tiger - Some of these look brown and some look orangish. What is the real color? (in a quilt)
  • Purple Mist - Can't tell from pics if it is bright enough.
  • River Blue - Seems nice but probably would choose a different blue first
  • Slate Blue - very intriguing with the tealish color but would like to see a quilt.
  • Violet - This color is popular in flames but varies greatly. I would like to see a quilt. This is one of my favorites.
*Also available with natural back

I hope I'm not asking too much of you guys. I appreciate any assistance you guys are willing to give. I thank you now for any future contributions.

I had a slate blue. It's still in my sig. It was darker in person than I expected it to be. I think there are prettier blues available. The other one in my sig is a quilt sub-zero glow which is similar with the blue-teal thing, but it's a private stock color. Hope those pics help. I would post better pics, but I can't figure it out. (I'm actually too lazy to figure it out.)

I had a slate blue. It's still in my sig. It was darker in person than I expected it to be. I think there are prettier blues available. The other one in my sig is a quilt sub-zero glow which is similar with the blue-teal thing, but it's a private stock color. Hope those pics help. I would post better pics, but I can't figure it out. (I'm actually too lazy to figure it out.)

Is the slate blue on the bottom? They both look nice but that one on top is incredible looking. Did you mind having 2 that close in color?

BTW, it took me awhile to figure out the photo thing as well. I had to put my photos into my google account and copy the address for them in order to post them here.

The slate blue is on the bottom. I actually just sold the slate blue because of it being too close to the sub-zero. I have the sub-zero for sale now, but I'm really on the fence about it. I just bought a tobacco sunburst one that will be here tomorrow to replace the slate one.

Back