Help Please

allan

One man one life make the best of what you have
hello everybody, well l am 70 years old and l am trying to add a couple of photos from my Mac book pro but it keeps telling me add URL am l not able to drag and drop.

regards to all
Allan (Allan with 2 LL's)

You cannot drag and drop your photos into here. They must be linked from an outside server (eg tinypic.com). See the sticky thread 'How to Post Pics?' in General Discussion list.

hey bro'

congrats. pick up that guitar and rwaaaaak.
never to old, and, it will be the best thing you've ever done for yourself.

To be honest I do not know but you can try. Use the Preview feature in More Options before committing to a post. When it works properly you will see the image flood the page.

Will Flickr work .....
36806403772_45aba5a154_z.jpg
My Guitars[/url] by Allan Sharman, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited:
I have seen others on here use flickr before so I imagine when all of the protocols are met it will work.

Hi Allan,

With Flickr you need to click on the image you want to share and go down to the share options. You will see what looks like an arrow pointing right which is in the middle of 5 icons to the right and below the image.

Select BB Code and your desired size (Around 1024 is good) and copy the link and paste it into your post.

You should get an image..

Stern by MikeGBlues, on Flickr

An absolute pain to grab the code on an iPad BTW... Should be fine on the MacBook. These big tech companies are run by arseholes. All of them!

If you go to the Imgur page, right-click (or option-click) on the picture, then click on Copy Image Address. Paste that address here after you click on the picture icon.

There's a slightly different technique on the iPad, but it doesn't always work.

JUQk74v.jpg

I decided not to post any of your banjo pics - with the extra L in your name, I figure you've suffered enough! :D

That's why I use postimages.org
Super dead easy to copy the right embedded code which is very obviously labelled as "Hotlink for forums" seen here.

Clicking on that clipboard icon auto populates the link into your clipboard to paste here.

Hi Allan,

With Flickr you need to click on the image you want to share and go down to the share options. You will see what looks like an arrow pointing right which is in the middle of 5 icons to the right and below the image.

Select BB Code and your desired size (Around 1024 is good) and copy the link and paste it into your post.

An absolute pain to grab the code on an iPad BTW... Should be fine on the MacBook. These big tech companies are run by arseholes. All of them!
thank you so much I think l am getting in must be a age thing thanks Allan

If you go to the Imgur page, right-click (or option-click) on the picture, then click on Copy Image Address. Paste that address here after you click on the picture icon.

There's a slightly different technique on the iPad, but it doesn't always work.

JUQk74v.jpg

I decided not to post any of your banjo pics - with the extra L in your name, I figure you've suffered enough! :D
https://imgur.com/LUejAOr

Hi Allan,

Back