Help needed - is this a real 1999 10 Top 22 Custom ?

nik62es

I have been offered this leftie PRS from 1999, 10 Top, 22 Custom. My worry is the serial number. I have compared the way the numbers are written to those I have found online during the last couple of hours - and the writing just varies. It is not the number as such, just the way the numbers are written, the handwriting. Can anyone help ? https://imgur.com/a/XayBj

XayBj

script>

script>

66DvT

5GEOdH90q8cS11b83

Last edited:
It looks legit to me. Not crazy about the sticker on the back of the headstock though.

Last edited:
It looks legit to me.
Thanks AP515..must be paranoia setting in...letters 1,4,5 and 9 have a starting point that seems to vary from others I saw on the web (there is a dot type start to drawing the numbers which I didn't see elsewhere), the 0 seems to starts differently as well, although not at the bottom of the number like the others...the first number 4 also has the horizontal bar crossing over the vertical one.
I can't read the writing on the sticker at all. According to the seller, he was told by the music shop who sold it to him that this was the first leftie PRS imported into the UK...

The sticker says Holiday Music (with phone #) - # 14648??

The sticker says Holiday Music (with phone #) - # 14648??

..not sure where that phone number is from...081 is the country code for Japan..there is even a district with 558 as an areal code, albeit with no music shops... the serial number is weird as well. You are right, that doesn't look too promising on there, unless it is a repair number , and even then it wouldn't have been put quite as prominently..

I'm not seeing a pic of the back of the headstock. I had to work some magic to make the front shot come up:

WcYsf7c.jpg

my apologies, garrett, photobucket wants me to do some hosting plan..and when I tried to upload from Google, the system here doesn't let me..I guess because I haven't done three previous posts...will try and get around it now.

Yeah, they won't load. I right clicked and opened them in a new tab so I could see them.

Yeah, they won't load. I right clicked and opened them in a new tab so I could see them.

I included a link now in the original post ...at least it shows the headstock with the details..

Yep. I'd bet the sticker is some type of inventory tag, or something along those lines.

Back