Help Me Hatch A Machiavellian Plan.

Take him to Experience.

It's the largest gathering of pushers on the planet.
Worked for me with Tim! :D
Then, leading up to EXP you talk about all the cool sh!t that's gonna be there. All the sudden he's looking for PRS before EXP comes. I may have also said something like, "You know, I've been working on this guitar tone thing for a long time. PRS is the best. Sound the best, play the best, look the best. You need one." Then you get out to EXP and say, "nobody's f#%&in' cooler than all these people are". It doesn't hurt to get your big gorilla drummer to lean into him a bit either. ;)

Though a series of suspicious events, my guy is starting to look at new guitars, he wants something hollow and with a trem.

I figure I’ll start throwing out some Reverb links to him beginning with Gibson’s, Gretsch’s, Duesenbergs, la la la... throw a random PRS in there... We’ll see.

Maybe a semi-hollow with a trem, a nice figured top, a stable neck, great build quality and locking tuners ;)

Though a series of suspicious events, my guy is starting to look at new guitars, he wants something hollow and with a trem.

I figure I’ll start throwing out some Reverb links to him beginning with Gibson’s, Gretsch’s, Duesenbergs, la la la... throw a random PRS in there... We’ll see.
Pretty limited there. Just SE or S2 CU22? Those are only semi hollow.

There’s an incredible used SC-J on Reverb too. Probably a third more than he’s comfortable buying but... that’d be a guitar built for a lifetime, ya know?

I thought all of your guitars are "lifetime guitars"...I am doing my best to live by your words...never sell, only buy...or, I think those are your words?...meh, somebody said it at some point...I thinko_O I'm living by them either way...

Last edited:
I thought all of your guitars are "lifetime guitars"...I am doing my best to live by your words...never sell, only buy...or, I think those are your words?...meh, somebody said it at some point...I thinko_O I'm living buy them either way...

Yeah, they are, and I said it but, I'm talking about for regular people.

Yeah, they are, and I said it but, I'm talking about for regular people.

Okay, I thought that was you...I dig those words...the redhead...not so much. She just doesn't get me (us) dude...

Oooohhhhh...them...I don't know any regular...oh wait...you said "regular" not
"normal" hmmm....I got nothing...none of the regular ones either....

Last edited:
No, not yet. He’s one of those guys that’s an amazing guitar player but couldn’t care less about gear. In fact, the first time I saw the Ibanez I thought it belonged to the drummer.

There are some crazy people that think that this is the right way... Focus on playing regardless of gear... crazy... just crazy... o_O:D:D

Back