HELP! Looking for some effects pedals

Eventide Eclipse or Line six Helix...not cheap but very, very versatile...I've spent a lot of time and money on some tasty analog effects, but these units can do TONES like I've never heard...Makes studio recording direct much easier...Much lower noise floor...

Strymon El Cap will cover not only the tape echo but has spring reverb and slight drive to it....also the tape modulation is highly flexible

+1 on the Echo park! Built like a tank plus tap tempo. Found mine on the feebay for $59.00
Also when I went down in watts I'm amp from 50 to 16 watt amp, I got more pure sound... I was able to drive the amp harder. Just food for thought.

MXR carbon delay, any Wampler pedal (Tumnus and Pinnacle required), Boss reverb, Boss Chorus and for kicks my old Boss distortion, and TC tuner.

Eventide Eclipse or Line six Helix...not cheap but very, very versatile...I've spent a lot of time and money on some tasty analog effects, but these units can do TONES like I've never heard...Makes studio recording direct much easier...Much lower noise floor...
The Helix is overkill for me so was thinking about their latest smaller Helix that's about $1,000. Your thoughts in that one?

So update:
Picked up the El Capistan and have to admit it has seriously grown on me
Chorus wise I have gone through the corona chorus, and Boss CE5... still looking there
Reverb wise I went through the Boss RV and the hall of fame, I have not been able to find a strymon flint as everywhere seems to be sold out o.0 (jerks).
Overdrive wise (not really part of the original post) I dusted off a BK Butler Tube Driver which sounds insane through the Matchless
so for reverbs and chorus please keep the suggestions coming!

I have not tried the new Helix unit. If it's anything like their flagship unit,It will be fine.Give it a try...Tell us how you like it❗️Good luck and have FUN‼️

I was recently in the market for a reverb as well (up until yesterday actually) before I finally decided to go with the MXR reverb. It was a toss-up between that or the Strymon (Neunaber Immerse was also on the list, but I couldn't get my hands on one to try it out anywhere within 200 miles). For me the sound between the two was extremely close and the price hike for the Strymon didn't justify it for my needs, so the MXR won out there.

You should be able to pull a decent reverb out of the Strymon El Cap.
There's a little-known reverb control hidden in the secondary knob functions. No options, but it's reverb!

When you want more, plus the best tremolo I've experienced outside of vintage Fender amps, try the Flint.(actually, I had never experienced the harmonic trem circuit of the really early 60s F amps, and that is now my fav mode. I didn't know what I was missing.)

Oh, is it an actual reverb? My friend demonstrated it to me, I thought he was just setting the settings to some very specific values. I stand corrected.

elcapsecondary.png

It only has reverb as a secondary feature. No options, no controls other than the amount of the effect.

For analog chorus, the MXR four knob is hard to beat for price and versatility IMO. It cops the Chorus Ensemble and Small Clone tones really well, and sounds better dirty than most chorus stomps I've tried over the years. The Zakk Wylde Black Label and the blue M231 are actually completely identical except for the paint on the box.

Back