Help identifying an instrument

Fake or Real?

• Total voters
garrett thanks for clearing up the difference between a standard and a custom

AP15, and rugerpc.... thanks

LSchefman you along with garrett and a few others are right, I heard back from PRS today.

https://imgur.com/a/xVHMN

So what you have is a genuine PRS that has been so badly mangled it looks like a fake. :confused: It is the most cosmetically screwed up PRS I've seen. But hey, if it plays and sounds great, enjoy the heck out of that thing!

So what you have is a genuine PRS that has been so badly mangled it looks like a fake. :confused: It is the most cosmetically screwed up PRS I've seen. But hey, if it plays and sounds great, enjoy the heck out of that thing!

Don't forget about that white Cu24 that had the custom "route" for the trem ground wire, and the hacked up 5 way that looked like it was filled in with calk!

Yea it's so far gone that 90% of people here and thought it was a fake so that speaks volumes about the shape it's in. Still, after what I paid I would've been fine even if it was a fake. It's good motivation to get a nicer prs in the future ;)

I like where your head's at.

If you really want to have some fun, repost on The Gear Page

Sorry we thought your guitar was fake.

Last edited:
So at the time I thought some of you guys were being a bit overly critical about the shape this thing was in... Until today when I traded a 335 for a minty 1996 CE24. I honestly can't believe how flawlessly this plays and completely understand where everyone was coming from.

I guess now I have a PRS CE24, and a POS Standard 24 ;):D:D:D

So at the time I thought some of you guys were being a bit overly critical about the shape this thing was in... Until today when I traded a 335 for a minty 1996 CE24. I honestly can't believe how flawlessly this plays and completely understand where everyone was coming from.

Good trade! Careful. The slope is slippery.

Haha. Nice score. Upload some pictures

My first thought when I started reading this thread was, stolen cu24. Kinda reminded me of the painted 10 speeds back in the day.

Back