Hello, I'm David and I'm a guitar addict.......

dcm_guitar

I have a new Custom 24-08 Artist on order. I'm expecting a 6 - 8 month wait.

So, what do I do while waiting? Of course I buy another guitar. I ran across a 2016 American Elite Strat SSS in the ridiculously cool Autumn Blaze Metallic. The herd continues to grow:

PRS Hollowbody II Artist
American Elite Strat SSS
American Deluxe Tele
American Special Strat HSS
Gibson Custom Shop 339
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender Fishman Triple Play Strat
Fender American Standard Jazz Bass

I've decided to sell the LP to make room for the new 24-08. I initially thought I'd sell the Strat HSS. However, after playing both the SSS and the HSS I think I'll keep them both. They're different enough (SSS vs. HSS, rosewood fingerboard vs maple fingerboard) they provide different sounds.

The Hollowbody II and the Elite Strat are the two best players. They both just feel "right".

Can't wait for the 24-08!!

*Says in unison with the rest of the group* "Hi David."

Welcome! I love the new 24-08 model and have a feeling it might be my next big purchase (little purchases will of course fill in 'til then).

Also when you do end up receiving it, be sure to post pics. I know it's a few months away, but never too early to give you a heads up. I mean, otherwise we'll just assume you're enjoying your brand new pink ukulele. ;)

oh baby. I like the specs, idea, and looks of the 24/08.

It's climbing up my shopping list.

I have 9 electrics and 8 acoustics. A 6 string Deering banjitar and a abalone-ugly uke.

That's a good number to play and maintain. Not just stagnate in some hallowed glow.

Keep em' comin'.

So, what do I do while waiting? Of course I buy another guitar. I ran across a 2016 American Elite Strat SSS in the ridiculously cool Autumn Blaze Metallic. The herd continues to grow:

PRS Hollowbody II Artist
American Elite Strat SSS
American Deluxe Tele
Gibson Custom Shop 339
Gibson Les Paul Standard

I've decided to sell the LP to make room for the new 24-08. I initially thought I'd sell the Strat HSS. However, after playing both the SSS and the HSS I think I'll keep them both. They're different enough (SSS vs. HSS, rosewood fingerboard vs maple fingerboard) they provide different sounds.

The Hollowbody II and the Elite Strat are the two best players. They both just feel "right".

Can't wait for the 24-08!!

pics or it didn't happen :)

Probably a foolish question, but what's the best way to post photos here? I must have 10 accounts I've forgotten about on free photo hosting websites.

Copy the link from your hosting site, click the “image” button in the bar accross the top of your post box, insert link.

It's a funny thing for me. I was really proud of my new acquisitions up until about 10-12 guitars. After that, I toned down the announcements of new arrivals because after so many, you start to get weird looks from folks...even guitar people.

Z

PRS Hollowbody II Artist
American Elite Strat SSS
American Deluxe Tele
Gibson Custom Shop 339
Gibson Les Paul Standard

Can't wait for the 24-08!![/Q
It's a funny thing for me. I was really proud of my new acquisitions up until about 10-12 guitars. After that, I toned down the announcements of new arrivals because after so many, you start to get weird looks from folks...even guitar people.

Z
Wow why not add a Ltd edition Bernie now only£500 brand new at Andertons cheaper than a mobile phone ! and with US Pickups fitted, these now must be the cheapest guitars you can buy and carry the PRS name for high quality and being a Ltd edition too, must be on your shopping list, looks like the prices are coming down. I guess in the states they will be even cheaper, than tha t as the vat in the UK is 20% "rock on"

Back