Have you guys seen the Reclaimed CE and Semi Hollow Vela?

Anyone know if these are coming to Europe?

It is a first come first served deal and I imagine they will be sent to wherever in the world the demand is. Judging by the interest in these guitars they will be gone very quickly so if you really wish to buy one then you need to contact your local authorized PRS dealer now and have them reserve one for you, if they haven't sold out already.

Amazing looking guitars and each one will have unique features in the finish.

The second thing to be amazed by is the price of them. I really thought that they would cost much more.

It is a first come first served deal and I imagine they will be sent to wherever in the world the demand is. Judging by the interest in these guitars they will be gone very quickly so if you really wish to buy one then you need to contact your local authorized PRS dealer now and have them reserve one for you, if they haven't sold out already.

Amazing looking guitars and each one will have unique features in the finish.

The second thing to be amazed by is the price of them. I really thought that they would cost much more.
Indeed, when my Sweetwater rep told me the price, as I was also looking at the price of a regular Vela, my jaw dropped - cheaper? Seriously?

Cost of wood is a factor, but so is shipping the wood from source to PRS, so these reclaimed woods must be relatively inexpensive.

I continue to be stoked about my pre-ordered Vela!

The woods really aren't any cheaper than what we would normally pay for tops and fretboards. The satin finish requires less labor than a gloss finish, so that helps keep the price down.

I predict these will be sold out today or Monday at the latest.
Thanks for the reply, Shawn!

Wow, if these sell out today or Monday, would that be any kind of record for a limited run of this size?

And what does that say for PRS sales overall, if 600 guitars that are somewhat specialized (and therefore not everyone's cup of tea) can sell out so quickly? Man, I'm thinking you guys might need yet another production line in Stevensville...

I have to call a little BS on the CE. It's photo'd with the core tremolo arm, which is not what one is going to get. Very misleading because some people will think they are getting the core trem, which they are not.

Come on PRS. Lets not not ride the fence between honest and misleading advertising.

I have to call a little BS on the CE. It's photo'd with the core tremolo arm, which is not what one is going to get. Very misleading because some people will think they are getting the core trem, which they are not.

Come on PRS. Lets not not ride the fence between honest and misleading advertising.
A plastic tip and some super glue can fix that right up

Ridicule me all you want. But, I am a PRS fan also. However, little crap like that bugs me as a consumer. Sorry that I expect the companies I purchase from to live up to a certain standard. If PRS wants to use the parts they use, fine. That is their business. But, little things like that are 100% false advertising. You can't contest that. Take the PRS fanboy goggles off and see it for what it is.

I'm not the only one in the world who might see that and have the same thought either. Here I am thinking of buying a new CU24, and then I see stuff like that which irks me to no end and I question my decision to buy PRS or buy from a competitor.

Ridicule me all you want. But, I am a PRS fan also. However, little crap like that bugs me as a consumer. Sorry that I expect the companies I purchase from to live up to a certain standard. If PRS wants to use the parts they use, fine. That is their business. But, little things like that are 100% false advertising. You can't contest that. Take the PRS fanboy goggles off and see it for what it is.

I'm not the only one in the world who might see that and have the same thought either. Here I am thinking of buying a new CU24, and then I see stuff like that which irks me to no end and I question my decision to buy PRS or buy from a competitor.

I can't spot the difference between the two myself, but If I wasn't sure exactly what I was buying, I would email customer service or a dealer with my question, instead posting accusations in writing on an internet forum, which really makes the author look bad if they are wrong.

I can't spot the difference between the two myself, but If I wasn't sure exactly what I was buying, I would email customer service or a dealer with my question, instead posting accusations in writing on an internet forum, which really makes the author look bad if they are wrong.

So.. I'm wrong stating they put the Core trem arm in the SE trem to give the guitar a better visual appearance for advertising purposes? lol

Wow.. you are deluded.

You're looking at the past, Bro. All S2 and CE trem models now have trem arms with black capped tips.

Back