Have you guys seen the Reclaimed CE and Semi Hollow Vela?

I took a factory tour last Thursday and saw a stack of these boards in the lumber section. So, seems there are still many more to come. Hopefully I'm not spilling trade secrets or anything.

My apologies for my faux pas of linking my sale of a guitar to the thread... I thought I had replied to a private message. doh.

That truly was not my intention. My intention was to let everyone know that at the time Willcutt had more listed.

Hello all ! Reviving an old thread here as I would enjoy opportunity to talk with anyone interested in selling one of these Reclaimed Vela's. Thanks for your consideration !

I took a factory tour last Thursday and saw a stack of these boards in the lumber section. So, seems there are still many more to come. Hopefully I'm not spilling trade secrets or anything.
There are hundreds of old farm buildings in Brazil i know a furniture manufacturer who buys the same wood for making chairs so i am sure it wont run out and you might see more models done in the future, if the demand is high.

There are some on reverb at highly increased prices:
https://reverb.com/marketplace?query=prs reclaimed

Still loving my Vela but seeing what people are asking now I should have hunted down a CE24 as well... LOL
-Jim

A matter of supply and demand. I can’t find any for sale in Europe, but then I’m adopted brother of “dinosaur Les” - Rubradactyl, or on a good day, Alnusaurus Rex!

I had been looking for a new semi-hollow for a while, and ran across this beauty on Reverb for a decent price, compared to the prices from Japan. I actually was completely unaware these existed, but as soon as I saw it, I had to have it. So far, I am not disappointed.

While doing a search on this model, I found the original ad, with pictures, on the website of the shop it was purchased from, as well as the OPs NGD posting on another guitar forum.
20180719_130756-X2.jpg

20180719_125719-X2.jpg

Still had the plastic on the pickguard, and was shipped in the original box. There are a couple very tiny dings on the back, but otherwise perfect.
20180719_105459-L.jpg

That is a really sweet looking S2 Vela reclaimed wood there!!!!!!! Congrats on a great find!!!

Back