Have you guys seen the Reclaimed CE and Semi Hollow Vela?

My RL Vela has turned into my "go to" guitar - when I have a practice with the band, or I want to run through some new ideas, or just want to try out a new amp, or whatever, I grab it...to the point where I have to consciously put the Vela away and select a different guitar (like I did today, when I wrote the music for a new song where I already had some lyrics - I grabbed the SH 277, tuned to A Std).

As much as I want to preserve my RL Vela in like-new condition because it is such a beautiful guitar, it is going to be the one guitar that is obvious that I played and played and played.

And I love it!

Hmm, maybe I should find a second to keep as a case queen...

Same here.
I used to write/play a lot switching between Les Paul and Strat, both very decent guitars I will never give away. The RL Vela is the "default" guitar and I played it live last Saturday all evening.
All the tunes come out of that one guitar so nicely. So no changing guitars...adjusting sounds. I tell myself "I need to spend more time with the Les Paul (as it used to be the No1)"...but then the Vela is so light and the neck has the smooth back.
(the Strat has that "sanded/dirty neck" which is perfect, but: you don't do that to a 58 re-issue Les Paul)

I thought so too. Wasn't sure how it would look. The black edge on the pick guard plays a major role. I didn't feel the need to change the toggle tip or lampshades. We'll see if it's a keeper.
Wow. That is REALLY nice with the new pickguard. I think the toggle tip and lampshades go very well with it. Nice!!!

Kevin

Taking a page from xjbebop's playbook, I spiced mine up with pearloid tuner buttons and pick guard. Of course, no pic is complete with out shoes! I kinda like the white. Goes with the birds.

nsFPmrX.jpg

5HBSgy1.jpg

UcazR2I.jpg

Nice touch with the matching tuner buttons

Guys, I have been lurking here for awhile. Just wanted to give a heads up to those still looking to get a Vela, Willcutt guitars has some Velas up right now. Eric said they were some unexpected arrivals.

Tell him Danny sent you :)

Last edited:
That's going to make a big guitar - and it doesn't bookmatch all that well. :rolleyes:

Fingers crossed this is for the outstanding CE series, I've just received word from my dealer it's going to be January 2018 at the earliest now :(

Wow, I guess they are gone already! Can't find them on the site whatsoever!

There were 7 on the website yesterday .... amazing. Hopefully we’ll be seeing some of them here!

FYI Wilcutt guitars just got 4 Reclaimed Velas in stock.

They listed 5 on Reverb yesterday afternoon. All were still available around midnight my time, all were sold by the time I looked again at about 7:30 this morning.

COOL
thing is, Willcutt was selling them at suggested retail, not gouging the price. :) Thanks Willcutt, that's cool!

Last edited:
They listed 5 on Reverb yesterday afternoon. All were still available around midnight my time, all were sold by the time I looked again at about 7:30 this morning.

COOL
thing is, Willcutt was selling them at suggested retail, not gouging the price. :) Thanks Willcutt, that's cool!
I was lucky enough to get to order one from Willcutt in April. I even had second choice for the Velas when they came. The one I bought was nice.

So yesterday at lunch I just looked at Willcutt's New Arrivals as I usually do and there was my Unicorn Vela. I called Eric and bought it without a second thought. It is PERFECT for me. I then posted here that they had more....

Last edited by a moderator:
Back