Have you guys seen the Reclaimed CE and Semi Hollow Vela?

She's home! More photos on the Official thread, but here's one....

puZbBkO.jpg

Wow Guitarsan, that's a beautiful example, enjoy !! I sure hope my CE turns out like that !!

Thanks! I almost feel guilty, since I had mostly been admiring these from afar and not even thinking about buying one. Then one night I happened to jump on Willcutt's website after midnight (I thought nothing happened good after midnight?) and there before my computer-screen lit face what did appear but three (3!) just-listed RL Velas. Knowing how scarce they were, I thought... you gotta be kidding, I can take my pick? The rest is history. Don't worry, I've played my guilt away. ;) May all who are patiently waiting get a great one!

Oh, and this wasn't really an impulse buy. I had been thinking I'd like a dedicated guitar for alternate tunings and slide, set up for slide. Add to that I get a "new" electric guitar sound in a semi-hollow to compliment my solid body PS McCarty SC594 and Eric Johnson Strat. And last, I can channel my best Gary Clark Jr. now! Bright Lights, anyone?

Last edited:
First "the morning after" pics...

Ro71GiE.jpg

0XjwaWi.jpg

iPHYKXH.jpg

While the top / figuring may not be as stunning as some others, I am certainly NOT disappointed :D
I'm very pleased with "Mi Casa" all the way around. The cracks and the 'beauty mark' next to the bridge are full of unique character.
Not much I can add as a description that hasn't already been said, other than she is amazingly loud unplugged, and extremely bright plugged in. I suspect the tone will mellow with age and play time. She was just 'born' 2 1/2 weeks ago after all...
Also have some special plans for her soon too... ;)

DeomFgk.jpg

M3ec4rC.jpg

First "the morning after" pics...

Ro71GiE.jpg

0XjwaWi.jpg

iPHYKXH.jpg

While the top / figuring may not be as stunning as some others, I am certainly NOT disappointed :D
I'm very pleased with "Mi Casa" all the way around. The cracks and the 'beauty mark' next to the bridge are full of unique character.
Not much I can add as a description that hasn't already been said, other than she is amazingly loud unplugged, and extremely bright plugged in. I suspect the tone will mellow with age and play time. She was just 'born' 2 1/2 weeks ago after all...
Also have some special plans for her soon too... ;)

DeomFgk.jpg

M3ec4rC.jpg

Looks great! Dig the cracks, and love the name! Can't wait to see what you've got planned for it!

When I get kicked out if my house for obsessive buying, I'm coming to live with EACH ONE OF YOU, two weeks at a time.

I'll bring my Reclaimed Wood Vela with me ...since I just bought one from a fellow forum memeber. :) ;)

Proof of said acquisition coming next week, after our honeymoon night together.

When I get kicked out if my house for obsessive buying, I'm coming to live with EACH ONE OF YOU, two weeks at a time.

I'll bring my Reclaimed Wood Vela with me ...since I just bought one from a fellow forum memeber. :) ;)

Proof of said acquisition coming next week, after our honeymoon night together.

Let me know when you're coming through the Chicago area.

Back