Have you guys seen the Reclaimed CE and Semi Hollow Vela?

Another CE24 popped up on Reverb $1750 + free shipping... taking offers as well... https://reverb.com/item/5843512-prs-reclaimed-wood-ce24-2017-satin
****, that one kinda looks like Summer!... This is the one on Reverb:

kfxz2f6loh9f34iec6cu.jpg

And this is mine:

CtyjVmS.jpg

Okay... maybe they aren't that similar... but that triangle of nail holes in the lower bout kinda freaked me out... Summer's prettier though...

I'd offer list minus $100 on principle.
My general Reverb approach is to find 'make offer' items and offer about 75-80%, then be amenable to a little haggling via counter offers. If they don't budge, then I usually walk away. However, I recently had a seller tell me what their margin was in the counter and I totally respected that.

I'd like to find a Reclaimed Vela but haven't seen 'the one' yet. Mine has got to have three things (besides sounding and playing well):
1) Very dark fretboard
2) Dark and grainy top with both sides close enough to blend
3) Some gnarly nail holes that are nowhere near the f-holes

I'd offer list minus $100 on principle.
Hi There are 4 for sale new in dealerships in the north of England 3 × 2nd hand ones and 2 ordered didnt like and sent back shipping is $85 i think it will still work out cheaper if thats what you want. I have left the uk this morning on my way back. But things are cheaper and good cash deals to be done there.

Man, my vela came with a mint looking top with little grain streaking and no nail holes or knots.... kind of opposite of what I wanted but, when I ordered mine everyone else was out. I checked everyday for another one to come up and never seen one. The CE-24s came up all the time. Some of these look amazing!

There is a new RL Vela up on Reverb for MAP.

I am therefore guessing the shops are starting to get in the last of the manufacturing run. I wonder of PRS has anything similar lined up for next year, and whether they are thinking how to get the production run smoothed out more - the first 80% of these RLs seemed to get slammed out in about 2 months, then it was trickles over the next four months.

There is a new RL Vela up on Reverb for MAP.

I am therefore guessing the shops are starting to get in the last of the manufacturing run. I wonder of PRS has anything similar lined up for next year, and whether they are thinking how to get the production run smoothed out more - the first 80% of these RLs seemed to get slammed out in about 2 months, then it was trickles over the next four months.
Riff City Music Outlet just listed some Velas (got the e-mail this morning). Selling at list price...

Mother of god, I can't handle this pressure. I have one already and it's to pretty I need one that's mean looking. If I see one for sale, I won't be able to resist. Hell, there's a fire mist purple semi hollow Mira I want also. I guess, sell all my other guitars and go strictly PRS. Shawn, you're always such a tease.

Back