Have you guys seen the Reclaimed CE and Semi Hollow Vela?

I put a set of my preferred strings on Summer yesterday, reset the trem and intonation and lowered the pickups a couple millimeters to soften the 85/15s a bit... Then I spent a few hours just playing, with the guitar and my amp settings, and I have to say this guitar is really quite different from any other PRS I currently own... The guitar has a sharp attack, almost twangy (oh hell, I'll admit it; I was playing a bunch of Keith Urban stuff on the bridge pup in single coil mode and could swear I was hearing a Tele)... It rings bright and clear but doesn't have an over abundance of sustain... I would never in a million years equate the tones I'm getting from this guitar with a "mahogany" bodied instrument; it just seems so much lighter, brighter and snappier... I'm drawing from memory here, but it even seems more in the Fender camp than my 305 (I'll have to play both back-to-back over the weekend and see)... oh, and any potential worries I had about the import trem are gone; the tuning is rock solid after repeated two-step-up three-step-down bending, though I'd still like to source a short bar for it...

In short, I'm enjoying the hell outta this guitar, and it fits an unfilled niche in my PRS stable quite nicely. Oh ya, and the f-hole smells awesome (love that smell)...

These guitars are happier in pairs...

bf.jpg

Saturday I was gigging with one of my bands. I used both these two guitars. After the first song using the CE24 Reclaimed Wood, a guitar player from another local band came up to the stage asking me. "Is it, no it isn't, or is it really a Brazilian Reclaimed Wood?" I thought I was the only really nerdy guitar guy there, but I was wrong;-) By the way, the guitar worked fantastic! Unfortunately I have no pictures from the show, but I have a picture from preparing for the show.

nJXvEdt.jpg

My dealer's words six weeks ago:

"I have spoken with PRS who have confirmed we're still looking at June - a safe estimate would be mid-late June still but all being well we may get stock a little bit earlier."

I hope it will happen in 2017!

"I have spoken with PRS who have confirmed we're still looking at June - a safe estimate would be mid-late June still but all being well we may get stock a little bit earlier."

Thanks! I don't know how much longer I can wait!

This is what I was told earlier this week as well.

Back