Have you guys seen the Reclaimed CE and Semi Hollow Vela?

Very beautiful guitars, all of them!
Got a chance to play both of the available ones. Well, tough decision...

No.1: Heavy figured top
It has a bit more bass and deep mids, sounds dry not as articulated as the other but you can feel the body resonates better.
Plugged in it sounds more tidy, sometimes compared to the other a bit like through a sock(just a little bit muffled) because there are less highs.

No.2: Even figured top
This one reacts a bit faster unplugged, resonates less but sounds very homogen.
Plugged in it is a whole lot brighter, needs more attention to sound clean and to not have unwanted highs.

What would you guys prefer?
#1. It`s all about that bass, bout that bass no treble.

This beautiful lady arrived today

RsaAD7u.jpg
jb9bc91.jpg

Now sound report for my new CE24. I have now tried it for an hour or so. Plugged it into my Fender Hot Rod Deville 212. The guitar has a more crispy and trebly sound than my P22. Clean tone are amazing. All three humbucking positions give great clarity to the tone. On neck piosirtosition it is in the E335 area. Pulling the coil split almost trasfer it to a Strat sounwise. Then switching to tje dirty channel, I get a bit more «angry» humbucker than the P22, but still a good sound. The neck position gives great soloing Claptonesqe from the Creem peroioiod tonality. I dont have too much experience with Single coil overdrive so I need.to.test with my band.

Very beautiful guitars, all of them!
Got a chance to play both of the available ones. Well, tough decision...

No.1: Heavy figured top
It has a bit more bass and deep mids, sounds dry not as articulated as the other but you can feel the body resonates better.
Plugged in it sounds more tidy, sometimes compared to the other a bit like through a sock(just a little bit muffled) because there are less highs.

No.2: Even figured top
This one reacts a bit faster unplugged, resonates less but sounds very homogen.
Plugged in it is a whole lot brighter, needs more attention to sound clean and to not have unwanted highs.

What would you guys prefer?

#2 for me, just because bright and articulate is what I like.

If I get to score one of these I would want one that was tattered and full of holes.....these are so hot. If a McCarty was done like this it would push me over the edge.
Mine has 9 holes plus the spots that I believe is the end og nails.

Back