Happy NGD Monday! - Epiphone Nighthawk Custom RI inside...

I always thought the Blueshawk was a cool guitar.

I don't know man, nice to toss the SE in hopes the thread stands...but you're discussing the non-PRS in the thread, which can be done on a million other more suitable forums.

Understood, just wanted to share the joy. Was going to try to get some advice on modding the SE in this thread at the same time.

Been reading up and I think the tremel-no is the best route for me to go on the SE. I've ready the 'large clamp' is the one to best fit the PRS line in general. Was curious if it was considered one of the better options for that price range?

Also, I was assuming the mini Grover locking rotomatics would be the set I ordered for the SE but is there anything else I need to be looking for when it comes to locking tuners? Anything else that is drop in capable and possibly a better product?

Understood, just wanted to share the joy. Was going to try to get some advice on modding the SE in this thread at the same time.

Been reading up and I think the tremel-no is the best route for me to go on the SE. I've ready the 'large clamp' is the one to best fit the PRS line in general. Was curious if it was considered one of the better options for that price range?

Also, I was assuming the mini Grover locking rotomatics would be the set I ordered for the SE but is there anything else I need to be looking for when it comes to locking tuners? Anything else that is drop in capable and possibly a better product?

I just put the Grovers in (406C are the ones you want) and I dig them, I don't think there's any other drop-in replacements because of the screw hole location.

Grab yourself a PRS USA nut while you're at it, great inexpensive mod, plus you get to say "unobtanium".

Tremol-nos are great for what they do but they won't improve trem stability at all (the nut will).

I just put the Grovers in (406C are the ones you want) and I dig them, I don't think there's any other drop-in replacements because of the screw hole location.

Grab yourself a PRS USA nut while you're at it, great inexpensive mod, plus you get to say "unobtanium".

Tremol-nos are great for what they do but they won't improve trem stability at all (the nut will).

Thanks for the info. The tremol-no was something that I thought might help me as I'm normally a fixed bridge kind of guy and the trem on my singlecut doesn't get used at all. The nut is also something I was looking into but wasn't sure if the PRS USA nut or the TUSQ option would be better.

The PRS nut is great, I use really heavy strings and have to widen the slots for proper fit. But they are really good IMO. I'd Tremol-no the trem if you don't use it. That way you get zero movement what-so-ever and it's easily removable. No input on the tuners as I'm not familiar.
BTW, I wasn't trying to tell you to delete your post....I certainly have NO authority here:) It's usually frowned upon for a non PRS NGD post though. They were nice pics for sure.

Back