Happy n513d to meeeeeee !!!

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by Jimi D, Nov 13, 2017 at 4:14 PM.

1. Jimi D

Jimi D New Member

A friend of mine picked up a 2009 513 Standard about three years ago, and from the moment I first played it I made him promise that if he ever thought of getting rid of it he'd talk to me first... Well, a thousand days and a little trading later, it's mine:

[​IMG]

I know it's a "plain Jane" 513 but it's really got it where it counts; 7lb 8 oz light and resonant as all get out, the body vibrates against your ribs when you play it. Typically impeccable PRS playability and tuning stability makes it a real player...

[​IMG]

And I really, really love the 513 birds...
    [​IMG]

I had to give up one of my core Miras and my SE ZM as part of the deal, but I figure I've got two Miras and my Zach wasn't getting out of the case much since I picked up my SC245, so it's all good...

2. bodia

bodia Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved

Nice! Congrats! 513s rock!

3. veinbuster

veinbuster In the cards

513s don’t have to be fancy. They do plenty.
    Enjoy.

4. LSchefman

LSchefman Hears Tones

Super-nice! I doubt you’ll regret the deal.

5. CVS

CVS Not so new member

A very versatile guitar! Enjoy. Let is know how it compares to the SC245 (when the 513 is in humbucking mode)

6. xjbebop

xjbebop Yippy ki yay!

I hadn't seen a standard 513.... very cool!

sergiodeblanc likes this.
  7. sergiodeblanc

sergiodeblanc Rah rah ah ah ah!

Me neither!

Damn, I bet that sounds great! The “plain” ones are always made for tone first!

Bangin’!

dogrocketp, xjbebop and charliefrench like this.
  8. charliefrench

charliefrench New Member

This guitar was destined to be yours. Congratulations :)

Salute the Plain Janes!

9. charliefrench

charliefrench New Member

You are so right there. The lowly translucent blue SE Standard 24 that I have sings like a bird. The marriage of the woods, fit and finish, hardware, whatever the reason is, it just works. There is something extra special about it.

sergiodeblanc likes this.
  10. Jazzedout

Jazzedout New Member

Nice!!! I would love to try an all mahogany 513!
    I also love the original 513 birds!

11. Jimi D

Jimi D New Member

Thanks guys... I got to spend a little time setting it up yesterday and played it for an hour or so... (then I had to run off to mount a TV on my daughter's living room wall and then get to band practice... who needs to eat, right? ) ... Anyway, I loved the tones I was getting from it the short time I played it in all positions... The single-coil tones were particularly sweet... I had my 305 beside me too, and I was switching back and forth for about 20 minutes and there's a "roundness" or "softness" to the single coils in the 513 that I don't get in the 305... the tone isn't as bright, for sure, but it's still very articulate, but it's not as edgy or sharp as the 305's tone can be, and even with the tone rolled back the 305 doesn't really do the same thing; it's a big, round, clear, tone and I thought it was wonderful... I'm looking forward to playing with the darker, higher-output full-humbucking mode too; the little time I played around with it sounded pretty cool, and I'm thinking it could be a lot of fun setting up a setting with the vintage humbucking mode and then kicking it into some high octane punch... Over all, I really like this guitar so far... honeymoon provisos & etc.

xjbebop likes this.
  12. Dancing Frog

Dancing Frog Senior 513 Whore

All mahogany necked and bodied guitars tend to have a well rounded mid range. The maple cap adds some snap and a maple neck adds more high end. The 305's body is alder which is a completely different beast.

g.wizz likes this.
  13. cshallcross

cshallcross New Member

Love it! I think if the 305 ever needs a friend, the 513 might be my next choice.

14. Dusty Chalk

Dusty Chalk alberngruppenführer

Looks good to me, nothing plain about it. Hawt.