Guitar mags on tablet OT

pac90

Helix user
I used to use zinio, but came across the Readly app and thought many of you may be keen on it, if you like to read magazines on your tablet. Small monthly sub and you get a full range of magazines to read or download for when travelling...everything from guitars to news to sports and much nonsense too, kinda never ending, and includes back issues. Best thing since sliced bread

You can have 4 folk in house on one subscription and age restricted so kid friendly, although they stay away from naughties by design to be family friendly, so no worries

Of top of my head included are Guitarist, Guitar Techniques, Total Guitar.....

Has a free trial

https://us.readly.com/

....heads back to new issue of guitarist. Enjoy!

...OR...kick it old school, and keep boxes upon boxes of old Guitar Player, Guitar for the Practicing Musician, Guitar World Etc...in boxes near the bathroom, to check out the old adds, guitars, basses, etc...while "relaxing"...ok, ok, and look into the app above.

I have a rule I don't take tablets into the water closet, and that's where I do all my magazine reading. Good old print for me!
I do sometimes download books on my tablet, but I generally prefer print there too. Call me old.

I have a rule I don't take tablets into the water closet, and that's where I do all my magazine reading. Good old print for me!
I do sometimes download books on my tablet, but I generally prefer print there too. Call me old.

You're old. (But me too.)

I'm old, with the rest of you guys. I was able to break the CD habit and load all of 'em on the PC. I just can't seem to break the "real thing" when it comes to magazines and books.

I've concede to getting Sound On Sound on my iPad, and I've grabbed a handful of books from Amazon at very low prices. I still need my CDs, though, and my preference (so far, anyway) is still for printed material.

One app I tried is Comixology - digital comic books. I grabbed it because they were giving away digital copies of Galaktikon #1. Installing the app gave me a free 7-day trial for their library. I read compilations of 28 Weeks Later and 30 Days Of Night (still haven't read Galaktikon). One nice feature is you can click on a panel and then you read one panel at a time. There's a bit of an animated feel to the transition from panel to panel in this mode that makes for a pretty cool reading experience.

I'd be okay getting my British guitar mags digitally if I could print from them - it's a bit too difficult to work on transcriptions on the iPad.

Well......you can get both, first months free, just grab the app and read the magazine ahead of delivery. Lots of prs content this month

The only things ive not been able to get on that app that i like are economist and new scientist, basically everything else is there from fishing to golf. I prefer digital as you have all issues to hand, and i work away from home so travel a lot

...OR...kick it old school, and keep boxes upon boxes of old Guitar Player, Guitar for the Practicing Musician, Guitar World Etc...in boxes near the bathroom, to check out the old adds, guitars, basses, etc...while "relaxing"...ok, ok, and look into the app above.
Yes, tubs full of guitar magazines. Three stacks next to the bed and one in the bathroom. Every once in awhile I'll go through and cut out the articles I want to keep but I've learned that once I do that I ended up throwing out an article about something I've recently become interested in. Still, I'm coming close to culling them again ....

Well...culling mags is MUCH cheaper than culling guitars.
Absolutely!

But I had a bit of an epiphany. I had a vision of myself as one of those "stacks of old newspaper through the house" guys and looked at the link pac90 provided. My second epiphany was realizing what a magazine whore I really am and that here was a treasure trove. Signed up so that the wife and sons can have access also. Technology is great, but I still won't have a chip installed inside my head to access all of this directly.

While I'm not "clutter-free" I can indulge without causing the Fire Marshall to have me committed.

'NEAR' the bathroom you say.... Oh. Is THAT why my wife complains about my bathroom clutter....

Kevin

Back