Good dude, Paul

moonshine

I have a couple of PRS SEs (acoustic and electric), and my son and I both play them. They are our favorites.

We attended a guitar expo in 2017 and met the man himself.

Completely surprised how down to earth he came across and how he took time to talk with us, too.

Made my kid's day taking a pic (normally NEVER smiles for these things) with him and getting Paul's autograph :)

MWMAXrK.jpg

He's alright, I guess.:D
You're right though. He is a very nice, down to earth guy that loves guitars. We are lucky to have him be as accessible as he makes himself. I think some forget that at times. How big PRS has become as a company. It's awesome that Paul comes out and hangs with the people.

What gets me just about every time is the passion and enthusiasm he has, and how he does nothing but encourage people.

I don't think I'll ever forget the time at Experience when he was giving away pickups, and this kid tried to answer every question and finally got it right. Paul said something to the effect of, "Now, before I give you these, I want to say something. You tried to answer over and over and you kept trying until you got it right. Don't ever let anyone take that determination away from you, because as long as you have it, you'll be able to achieve almost anything."

I like his attitude of putting a “tool to do a job” in the hands of a musician.

Does it stay in tune? etc.

When he throws a guitar to someone, he says it shows how much someone cares about it by their reaction.

He’s really glad when a product does well, he feels PRS are doing their job right when it does.

I like that he is afraid to admit that he likes other companies guitars. I haven’t seen any evidence of him rubbishing his competitors.

I’m never disappointed at the time he puts in to educate us about his “rules of tone”.

I love the videos of the vintage guitars Paul built and so many of the features that still remain on his guitars today.

My main goal of attending Experience 2018 is to meet the Man himself and shake his hand for building the best damn guitars in the world.

I like that he is afraid to admit that he likes other companies guitars. I haven’t seen any evidence of him rubbishing his competitors.
He has talked to me about Chris and Henry. I think he is on a first name basis with the entire industry. He’s very aware of what is going on out there and is driven to build better guitars and have a better company.

He has talked to me about Chris and Henry. I think he is on a first name basis with the entire industry. He’s very aware of what is going on out there and is driven to build better guitars and have a better company.
This is very apparent and that’s the only way he’s going to keep making more lovely guitars for us all!

He's simply the best! I've had the pleasure of attending two of his clinics and he was more than generous with his knowledge and time. The industry is very fortunate to have him.

Back