Good/Bad day

Steve's addiction

My friend had a birthday party (he's also a drummer) so we had a jam fest. First time I have played out in a long time. Started out really well but I guess the other guitar player didn't like me so he kept telling me I was too loud. I would turn it down until he was satisfied. Then I realized his idea of loud was not hearing me and hearing nothing but him. Overall though I was happy with my playing and the 305 sounded really good (when I could hear it)

Sounds a bit like a gig I played in the summer. The whole band told the other guitarist he was too loud (which he was), but I got fed up competing, so as long as I could hear myself and the rest of the guys, I let him get on with it!

Sorry to hear about your jam and the other guitarist killing your buzz.

As Bodia said “crank it”

My buddy and I talked about it today. He said it was not the first time this guy has done it. But it will be the last time he does it to me!

What ever happened to musicians encouraging one another. Was that a story that somebody made up in the ‘70’s!

Don’t you know when someone tells a guitar player to turn down, it really means turn up?!?:D

Alnus all my years of playing never had to deal with it. Most musicians I've played with are willing to help. Got to be one in every bunch

Alnus all my years of playing never had to deal with it. Most musicians I've played with are willing to help. Got to be one in every bunch
There’s always one occasionally.

In the words of Sting:

“It takes a gentleman to suffer ignorance and smile”

Thanks fellow PRS ' ERS! We are trying to get something together with the bass & keyboard player. 2 really top hands that are the type of musicians willing to help. If we can get it going I'll post some sound bites

My friend had a birthday party (he's also a drummer) so we had a jam fest. First time I have played out in a long time. Started out really well but I guess the other guitar player didn't like me so he kept telling me I was too loud. I would turn it down until he was satisfied. Then I realized his idea of loud was not hearing me and hearing nothing but him. Overall though I was happy with my playing and the 305 sounded really good (when I could hear it)
That's why I don't play in bands or jam. I don't want to deal with attitudes or other bull****.

I've been pretty lucky over the years to not had that problem.

I did play with a power hitter drummer for a while. That gets old real fast.

My keyboard guy tells my I am too loud but in reality he is the biggest offender. When he changes programs there is a big difference from one to the other.

My other guitar player is always too quiet, especially when it comes to a lead. I am always telling him to turn UP!!

Wow gang thanks for the encouraging responses. My drummer friend has had a personal issue come up so things are on hold. Hopefully we'll be back at it soon

That's why I don't play in bands or jam. I don't want to deal with attitudes or other bull****.

I understand that sentiment, but that's why it's good to get into bands w/ the right people if possible.
It can happen.
I have a 'no drama' rule for any of the bands that I'm in. If I sense it, I'll call people out on it and try to kill it instantly. If they're unable to be "normal", they can find others to spread their sickness with.

As far as sound and volume issues...I've also been a professional sound engineer for years and I don't get into debates about sound and volume. I simply record it and play it back for everyone to hear. The evidence speaks volumes. (no pun intended...sort of.) :D

Back