A♥ hoards guitars ♥A Soldier 25, DFZ
Do you have one? Do you lust after one?

6c11fde2e973a3974da90471dbbf9ae5.jpg

IMG_9791.jpg

IMG_0509.jpg

IMG_2131_zps6dd17c16.jpg

AussieSunrise.jpg

Last edited:
For some reason they just don't do much for me. I'm not sure why. Those are all gorgeous guitars but I just don't feel the lust.

I get it Vaughn. The cool thing is that I know you're the kind of guy who would be happy for an owner if they were happy with the finish, even if you wouldn't select it for yourself.

Absolute lust. I like the Dragons Breath, but I think Glow is what I really want. Love those.

The firebirds and that second one are amazing.

Definitely love. Lust would depend on the guitar. The ones in this thread are awesome.

at some point it begins to look like the guitar is painted and not wood grain.

Do you have one? Do you lust after one?

6c11fde2e973a3974da90471dbbf9ae5.jpg

IMG_9791.jpg

IMG_0509.jpg

IMG_2131_zps6dd17c16.jpg

AussieSunrise.jpg

Lust! The third guitar shown was my first Private Stock. As much as I loved the finish I couldn't bond with the guitar. Boy I sure would love to have that top and finish on one of my PRSi that I have bonded with.

I love the glow and breath finishes. The Raspberry Singlecuts is mine. The finish blend is actually quite subtle in person.

For me, those are in the category of "too beautiful/flamboyant/ostentatious" to play and would likely spend a sad life hung on a wall in a meticulously lit, temperature controlled room, looking really pretty.

For me, those are in the category of "too beautiful/flamboyant/ostentatious" to play and would likely spend a sad life hung on a wall in a meticulously lit, temperature controlled room, looking really pretty.

I guess that's all a matter of perspective. I just spent the evening at band rehearsal playing this Citrus Glow sweetheart and only this (oops, well, for a lark I switched to my fretless for one tune) and plan to do the same at my gig with that band on Friday. Its life isn't the least bit sad. It does live in a relatively nice room but it gets played a lot more than it gets gawked at.

883665_494822843905343_1245145428_o.jpg

I dunno, all I have now are guitars that are too beautiful/flamboyant/ostentatious, and I play the crap out of them anyway. ;)

I could totally get down with a frostbite glow. If I ever did a PS Singlecut, that's probably what I'd do.
I get it Vaughn. The cool thing is that I know you're the kind of guy who would be happy for an owner if they were happy with the finish, even if you wouldn't select it for yourself.
Oh absolutely!
Love the glow finishes...all day...every day....

Your avatar is probably my favorite glow that I've seen.

I really love the glow finishes. The PS is a doing a great job with them.

I guess that's all a matter of perspective. I just spent the evening at band rehearsal playing this Citrus Glow sweetheart and only this (oops, well, for a lark I switched to my fretless for one tune) and plan to do the same at my gig with that band on Friday. Its life isn't the least bit sad. It does live in a relatively nice room but it gets played a lot more than it gets gawked at.

I dunno, all I have now are guitars that are too beautiful/flamboyant/ostentatious, and I play the crap out of them anyway. ;)

Awesome to hear. That's why we buy guitars, right? To play the hell out of them?! They're just not my style-- which, can best be described as "three hours after prime time".

That being said, I do wish I could someday have the skills to match the beauty of such a guitar.

I understand your view and it does apply to many pretty guitars. But the Raspberry gets played quite a bit and it definitely looks that way :D. The back has quite a bit of buckle rash and front has little swirls and pick scratches. Pretty guitar for sure, but it's meant to played.

Back