Gigs This Weekend! (w/ PRS artist)

squirrel211

Hey everyone in the MD/DC/VA area!! I'm playing my first shows this weekend with PRS artist Shane Gamble:
- Village at Leesburg, Leesburg, VA tonight, 6pm-8pm
- Brother Jimmy's in National Harbor on Sunday 8pm-12am.

Nervous but excited! Stop out if you're in either area!!!

Well, Friday night was wild n crazy! I had to leave work at 1:00pm, in order to travel 2.5 hours to the show location, and when I got there, the promoter canceled the show due to the threat of rain. After a bunch of wranglings, changing of venues, etc... the show was un-canceled! The sound guy threw the sound system together really quickly, and the drummer counted us into the first song while I was still tuning! This was my first show with the band, the first time I'd even met the drummer and bass player! It went by in a blur. It was also freezing and my hands didn't want to comply.

Sunday night was a 4 hour show, as opposed to the 2 hour show on Friday. All day Saturday, and Sunday morning, I ran through the 40+ songs; I only came out of my music room to make a sandwich on Saturday! I also had my first night on BGV's. All day I felt as though I were about to take a test for which I hadn't studied, but the performance went really well! I had a great time, and I can't wait for the next show! Budweiser Country Club, on 9/14 at Nationals Stadium, right before the game.

Well, Friday night was wild n crazy! I had to leave work at 1:00pm, in order to travel 2.5 hours to the show location, and when I got there, the promoter canceled the show due to the threat of rain. After a bunch of wranglings, changing of venues, etc... the show was un-canceled! The sound guy threw the sound system together really quickly, and the drummer counted us into the first song while I was still tuning! This was my first show with the band, the first time I'd even met the drummer and bass player! It went by in a blur. It was also freezing and my hands didn't want to comply.

Sunday night was a 4 hour show, as opposed to the 2 hour show on Friday. All day Saturday, and Sunday morning, I ran through the 40+ songs; I only came out of my music room to make a sandwich on Saturday! I also had my first night on BGV's. All day I felt as though I were about to take a test for which I hadn't studied, but the performance went really well! I had a great time, and I can't wait for the next show! Budweiser Country Club, on 9/14 at Nationals Stadium, right before the game.

Sounds awesome! Glad everything went off well!

Back