Gig Bag Recommendations

Please correct me if I'm wrong. You're using an acoustic bag for your electrics, and they don't flop around?

11 Top is correct. I meant to link the electric version. I bought mine on reverb for 1/2 price used. Fantastic bag for going to lessons and such.

Levy's gig bags are great. They are the same company that makes straps. They have different models that include the neck support on many.

The S2 gig bags are nice. I bought an S2 for a friend recently and was impressed by both the guitar and the gig bag. We didn't toss it down the stairs or anything but it looks like you could. No experience with the others mentioned here.

Huge fan of the PRS SE/S2 gig bags...i have 3 of mine in them, and can confirm that PRSh along with many of his guests use the same bags...saw many at the Experiences, and some had years of scuff marks...they include great zippers that stop where they should, heavy material, strong straps, and great padding.

Interesting looking bag. But watching the video left me shaking my head... the main ’feature’ of this bag is to have a comfortable side carry to avoid knocking on door frames high or tangling your feet.. but the video didn’t demonstrate the bag being carried!
Wouldn’t demonstrating the breakthrough design (hey-it’s even the name of the bag) make sense from a selling point of view? :eek:

I use the cheaper Mono M80 Guitar Sleeve for talking guitars out of the house. They stay in their cases while at home, since this is the most dangerous environment for my guitars with two young children on the loose...

Interesting looking bag. But watching the video left me shaking my head... the main ’feature’ of this bag is to have a comfortable side carry to avoid knocking on door frames high or tangling your feet.. but the video didn’t demonstrate the bag being carried!
Wouldn’t demonstrating the breakthrough design (hey-it’s even the name of the bag) make sense from a selling point of view? :eek:

They had a video of the bag being carried on the manufacturer’s website, last time I looked.

The owners have a good youtube video that shows them using the bags in everyday life (walking, going upstairs, running, etc)... It was their product launch video. I'm sure its still on youtube.

Thanks for all the good recommendations! I don’t need to carry much extra, and don't want the bag to be bulky, so decided on the Reunion Blues Aero.

Last edited:
Closing the loop on this one. The Reunion Blues Aero arrived today. It's a very well-made case and has the advantage, as the name implies, of being relatively sleek while providing a great deal of protection: neck cradle and strap, ample padding all around, good protection for the headstock. To Les' concerns above, it does have the RB-style stitching and more rugged pads where the bridge and tuners could tear the top, but I'm not overly concerned this will be a problem. I'd like to have had a cutout for the endpin but suspect the padding will suffice. Very little storage, as Bodia warned, but I tend to carry an accessory bag to everything but lessons, so that's not an issue for me. I noted above that I was looking for mid-price and mid-weight. This is definitely mid-weight, but I opted for more expensive to get the added protection.

Thanks for all the terrific feedback! Would love to try an S2 bag someday to compare.

Back