Gentlemen Prefer Blondes: The Story And The Initial Tone Report

So...here's something that is actually in tune...:eek:

https://soundcloud.com/lschefman/ps-blonde
I couldn't tell the difference...
:laugh:

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.
Les, it really sounds fantastic. I'm really happy for you. I'm breaking whatever commandment is, "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's guitar." I also am a big fan of maple back/sides jumbo style guitars. I had a Guild dread w/maple back & sides that was stolen from me and never recovered that I miss a lot. Certainly nowhere near the level of your PS(or any PRS core acoustic), but it sounded really good. Congrats on an excellent build!

I couldn't tell the difference...
:laugh:

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.
Les, it really sounds fantastic. I'm really happy for you. I'm breaking whatever commandment is, "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's guitar." I also am a big fan of maple back/sides jumbo style guitars. I had a Guild dread w/maple back & sides that was stolen from me and never recovered that I miss a lot. Certainly nowhere near the level of your PS(or any PRS core acoustic), but it sounded really good. Congrats on an excellent build!

Thanks! I really do love it.

I realized tonight that the guitar plays so well, I've been pressing too hard on the strings out of habit from other acoustics. I can play this with an even lighter touch than I'm used to, and I've never played with a heavy touch. It's interesting, this guitar is capable of such subtlety!

And it's so darn cute.

I bet it sounds great in that room. Hanging out and playing guitar all day.

That's sort of my version of the de rigueur Markie-style "pics couch". ;)

I usually play in the studio, but it looks nicer for pics in that room.

I spend a lot of time practicing keys, too, when I'm not actually doing a project.

Last edited:
Les... thanks for the laughs. This thread cracked me the hell up :rofl:

The axe sounds awesome, by the way...

And just a side note: PLEASE... FOR THE LOVE OF GOD... do not go anywhere near the "do I look fat in this dress" avenue! Trust me on this one :wink:

Haha!

Les... thanks for the laughs. This thread cracked me the hell up :rofl:

The axe sounds awesome, by the way...

And just a side note: PLEASE... FOR THE LOVE OF GOD... do not go anywhere near the "do I look fat in this dress" avenue! Trust me on this one :wink:

Haha!

Going to a wedding tomorrow night. Maybe when I get "that question" I'll just shrug. LOL!!

Back