Future NGD - More Tremonti!

Look what I just put a down payment on!

IMG_1881.JPG

SE Tremonti Custom in purple burst. I was really thinking that my next guitar would be a Custom 24 SE, but after always wanting a purple guitar after seeing the SE Paul Allender models (never liked the bat inlays) and seeing a good bit of P22s in purple (can't afford one), and my love for Mark Tremonti, there was NOTHING keeping me from wanting this.
-Thicker body (like the US model)
-Trem-up routing (like the US model, and I believe this is the first-ever SE with this technology)
-Natural binding (like the US model)
-Wide-thin neck (like the US model)
-Can anyone confirm the type of carve on it? Hard to tell from the picture, but my guess is it will be the "semi-carve" that the new SEs have. Would blow me away if it had more though.
I think you get the picture... This will fit nicely in my collection. Slap some US pickups and locking tuners in it eventually and it will be amazing.
Bad thing is that it's on a layaway plan and I won't get it for three months.
BUT I CAN'T WAIT!

-Bret

Last edited:
looks lovely will have to check it out! interesting to see it with a trem :) congrats

Very nice Bret.
I got the black/gray one, and it should be in my hands within a few weeks.

I am only having Planet Waves Autotrim lockers put on it at the dealer with Cobalts, and I will add the Schaller Strap Locks to it.

I like that his new model has the wide/thin neck, as I am very partial to the one on my new SE Custom 24.

And what does the up routing mean on the tremolo?
I saw that too in the specs.

The trem up routing on those should act like a full floating Floyd rose. So you can raise the pitch by moving the trem bar opposite of its normal use some. This is supposed be like the USA tremonti in regards to the trem set up.

And what does the up routing mean on the tremolo?
I saw that too in the specs.
Josh basically has it right, that you will be able to pull back on the trem to raise the pitch as well as push down to lower it. If you're familiar with Tremonti's playing, he'll use this mostly to play a harmonic and pull back on the bar to make the squeelies during solos and such. But keep in mind that it won't be as stable as a Floyd Rose, you won't be able to go absolutely nuts on the bar haha.

I'm jealous that you'll get yours so soon! Update us when you do.

-Bret

Josh basically has it right, that you will be able to pull back on the trem to raise the pitch as well as push down to lower it. If you're familiar with Tremonti's playing, he'll use this mostly to play a harmonic and pull back on the bar to make the squeelies during solos and such. But keep in mind that it won't be as stable as a Floyd Rose, you won't be able to go absolutely nuts on the bar haha.

I'm jealous that you'll get yours so soon! Update us when you do.

-Bret
Thanks for the info on the up routing on the tremolo.
To be honest with you, I never put the bar on my SE Santana or SE Custom 24.
They are in their cases.

I might put the one on the Custom 24 to mess around with it.

The new one on this newer release SE guitar looks identical to the ones on my other SEs, but I am sure that is where it stops since this new one has the US specs for up routing.

I will for sure put up a NGD thread when mine comes in.
Lucky you get a choice in colors too.
Pretty sure the USA import version only is coming in the black/gray that my dealer showed to me.

Lucky you get a choice in colors too.
Pretty sure the USA import version only is coming in the black/gray that my dealer showed to me.
I actually live in Alabama, but I HAD to have the purple, so I'm having it shipped from the UK. I've never had anything shipped from overseas before, I'm kind of nervous about it.
Mind saying what you paid for yours? Can you do that on this forum haha? Maybe in a PM or something.

-Can anyone confirm the type of carve on it? Hard to tell from the picture, but my guess is it will be the "semi-carve" that the new SEs have. Would blow me away if it had more though.

Found this pic from another UK seller. The carve looks great. I think is the standard SE semi-carve
p1120558w.jpg

http://www.theprsshop.com/se/prs-se-tremonti-uk-2012-ltd-edition-black-cherry.html

In that picture it is also very clear to see the Trem-up routing. There wood is lower at the back of the tremolo, allowing you to raise it more.

Bret, I am sure it will arrive OK.
They pack the cases pretty well.

I will PM you the price, but it is around the same as the other PRS SEs I have bought, very reasonable.
I think I saw in a post in Expats 408 thread they prefer to not post prices?

Just saw a demo vid up in the other thread.
http://prsguitars.com/forum/showthread.php?1755-SE-Tremonti-Custom!&p=25068#post25068

That black/gray I am getting looks pretty cool too.

p1120547.jpg

p1120543.jpg

Wow, the purple color on that is great, and the top is too! Excellent bookmatch on it. I'm really glad they made these upgrades to the Tremonti SE. IMO it's been a long time coming, they've gotten so good with the options and craftsmanship on these SE's that I'm not surprised how close to the USA specs they can make it. My only disappointment is that I didn't know about this a few weeks ago when I got the SE Akesson! Not that it isn't a great guitar, and I'm still very happy with it, just would've been cool to try out this new Tremonti to compare.

Now, speaking of the custom colors, I love some of these things I'm seeing, the purple being a great example. I've seen a lot of stunners, the standard SE tops and colors are hit and miss for me - you can usually find a good one if you look around for a while, but most of the special runs are consistently about as "10-top" as you can get on an SE. Not that any of them are bad, but it's like why settle when you know you can wait around for a really good one? Maybe in the future if there's a guitar that a lot of us on the forum are jonesing for in a custom color or something, we could let a dealer know "hey, several of us would be interested in buying X guitar in this color, or with a quilt top, etc." and maybe they would get 5-10 in if they were available. Maybe that's a long shot, but if they're already being made it doesn't hurt to ask. I know I've seen some quilt Santana's and 245's in the UK, some special run colors on the SE CU 24's too, that all looked awesome. If a special run of Eriza Verde ever comes out on the SE 245, CU 24, or Tremonti, it's going to be a rough day in my wallet.

My last 2 SE guitar purchases have been a 25th Anniversary in Vintage Amber with the quilt, and the SE Akesson with the brown quilt, so I guess I'm partial to these fairly unique guitars. Anyways, sorry to hijack this thread - not trying to steal the thunder from your incoming Tremonti, that awesome purple just got my gears going. Congrats and I'm sure you'll love it!

Back