Friday the 13th PRS

Here’s the final result. Didn’t realize that these come preloaded on pickup rings. o_O Convenient, but unexpected. What do you think of the black rings?

se245pup2.jpg
mean machine

So yeah, it showed up:

z7CxcgE.jpg

YoJysAd.jpg

I threw some spare black speed knobs and a black tip on it before plugging it in, we'll see what I wind up doing aesthetically but in the meantime I don't gotta look at those amber knobs.

It came with some Gibson pickups installed, a 498T and 490R to be exact. Can't say I'm a fan of them, but I had already swapped them out and put them up for sale in my mind before the guitar even got here anyway. I figured they'd be like a $100 off coupon when I bought it, somebody somewhere will want them, right? The things we (I) do to justify the expense of buying another guitar.

When I went to change the knobs I started with the tone and was rewarded with the treat of a push-pull being installed, it wasn't mentioned in the ad, so score another win for my purchase. The volumes were wired up backwards, but I guess it made sense to him.. whatever, I'll flip 'em for real. The previous owner tustve been a rocker 'cause the guitar arrived (in tune!) tuned to something like C# or some other mosh worthy down-tuning with some heavy-ass strings. Still, dude had it setup up with the lowest action and the straightest neck ever with those afore mentioned strings and... Man, I continue to be impressed with the build of SE's. That sh!t should be buzzing somewhere, but it's not.

It's heavy AF too, and it's a very substantial feeling guitar. I've read peeps sayin' it's got a different neck carve but.. feels like SE W/F to me. Not that that's a downer or anything, but not approaching "big" like a Santana/West St. neck shape. All in all, and before I dive into my loose pup stash to find replacements, it's a f@cking nice guitar. I can see why everybody likes these. It feels like a real guitar, and for this kinda money? Forget about it. Bernie's are a no-brainer to buy. Especially with my creative math that I'm using that's making me believe I only spent $240 for it.

Congratz dude, nice understated look. And yes Bernie's are no brainers. So why haven't I got one ??????? I honestly can't say why:(:(:(:(

Back