Fresh Squeezed Orange Tourmaline

They are truly incredible, Rob. I've never played a guitar like this one.

Not saying you should make a switch, but might be a good idea to try one out.

I'm probably just getting itchy from the wait, but these guitars have an instant eye appeal for me and you and Carl give such flattering tone reports....

One can't help but be intrigued.

I'm probably just getting itchy from the wait, but these guitars have an instant eye appeal for me and you and Carl give such flattering tone reports....

One can't help but be intrigued.

I kinda rolled my eyes at myself when I was "buying the guitar in my head" because I have like 6 PRSes with various iterations of 408s already - like I need another. And then I was worried because I wouldn't be able to split the neck 408, because that's where I spend 90% of my 408 neck pickup time.

We are de-Christmas-ing today, so I won't get a chance to play until later, but I have to say I am 100% in agreement with Les - this sounds like no other PRS I ever had or have. Definitely a whole-is-greater-than-the-sum-of-its-parts thing going on. I think the Gen 3 Tremolo is the biggest thing I will have to get used to. The saddles are taller and higher - it kinda feels a little more like a stoptail when you rest your palm on it. And I might need a PhD to change the strings with those newfangled locking thingies.

I must give a shout out to my Jack Gretz Northeast Music Wood Library McCarty. I'll be damned, but that thing STILL rings longer than the PS20th. Don't get me wrong, the 20th has "go get a sandwich" sustain. But the WLMC is eerie. Uncanny, even. I'm not ruling out musical possession here.

I hope to give some additional impressions later tonight or tomorrow. Thanks all for the kind words.

Congratulations Carl...spectacular guitar...color looks positively edible.

I kinda rolled my eyes at myself when I was "buying the guitar in my head" because I have like 6 PRSes with various iterations of 408s already - like I need another. And then I was worried because I wouldn't be able to split the neck 408, because that's where I spend 90% of my 408 neck pickup time.

We are de-Christmas-ing today, so I won't get a chance to play until later, but I have to say I am 100% in agreement with Les - this sounds like no other PRS I ever had or have. Definitely a whole-is-greater-than-the-sum-of-its-parts thing going on. I think the Gen 3 Tremolo is the biggest thing I will have to get used to. The saddles are taller and higher - it kinda feels a little more like a stoptail when you rest your palm on it. And I might need a PhD to change the strings with those newfangled locking thingies.

I must give a shout out to my Jack Gretz Northeast Music Wood Library McCarty. I'll be damned, but that thing STILL rings longer than the PS20th. Don't get me wrong, the 20th has "go get a sandwich" sustain. But the WLMC is eerie. Uncanny, even. I'm not ruling out musical possession here.

I hope to give some additional impressions later tonight or tomorrow. Thanks all for the kind words.

I love my WL McCarty from Jack two tons' worth, but mine doesn't ring like this 20th. And it's not even close.

You must have gotten a very lucky strike there with yours!

Orange is my favorite color on a PRS and that shade is the best of the best. Enjoy!!

I love my WL McCarty from Jack two tons' worth, but mine doesn't ring like this 20th. And it's not even close.

You must have gotten a very lucky strike there with yours!

Les, I s*** you not, the stars aligned in Maryland with that WLMC. I don't know what kinda magic Jack and Paul conjured up, but mine is INSANE. The WLMC, PS20th and my PS Paul's are the triumverate of tonal terror, followed by the Siggys, et al...

Out the Park! Thanks for directing me to this thread Carl, don't know how I missed it. You're my hero! I would have to likely part with all my beloved PRS's to fund a PS. Cant bring myself to do it as bad as I want one. You scored well!! Giddy Up!

Now that is almost disturbingly beautiful! Congratulations, Carl!
Just bought a Christmas sweater in that kind of color :)

Les, I s*** you not, the stars aligned in Maryland with that WLMC. I don't know what kinda magic Jack and Paul conjured up, but mine is INSANE. The WLMC, PS20th and my PS Paul's are the triumverate of tonal terror, followed by the Siggys, et al...

Wow, is all I can say. I mean, my WL is an awesome guitar, but dang!

Yeah, she's my special new girl...the others are getting a bit jealous. Thanks guys!

Les you hit on it - something about the feel of this is just so damn easy and addictive to play. It's not just the shorter scale. Cannot put my finger on it. Well I guess I can, and I do. Alot.

Back