Forum Wood Library 509 Run???

Tosca

Zombie 10, DFZ
Hello everyone.
For folks that have been here too long (like me) the thought of a forum guitar brings back memories of endless spec revisions and ultimately no guitar...although some of the ideas for this were truly awesome. About a month ago...a thread about the 509 model started a conversation between a few of us about specs we would like for a Wood library 509. Fortunately enough of us agreed, so this run is going to happen! (Thanks to one of our most excellent PRS dealers here...initials BG).
The basic idea was a run of 509s with maple necks and swamp ash bodies...and some cool colors.

The final specs look like this:
Model 509
Neck: Satin Artist figured maple
Fingerboard: Artist figured maple
Top: Artist grade Flame or Quilt Maple...to be selected by dealer based on best tops available.
Body: Swamp Ash (3 piece)
Inlays: Black Corian outline, Sparkle MOP Centers
Hardware: Smoked Black w Nickel mounting screws
Case: Black Paisley Artist

There are still some available...so thought we'd throw it open to the group to see if anyone else wants to join us. There is still the opportunity to possibly pick the color (from core or artist package list) of your choice (definitely if two people want the same color). Let me know if you're interested and I'll PM you the details.

Last edited:
Super cool, guys!

I’m excited to see these guitars.

Congrats!

Not the specs I'd be looking for but glad you got what you were looking for :)

That is awesome! So cool you could actually come to a consensus on features, and super cool the amazing BG can put the deal together for you!

So, will this run actually be a “forum guitar?” Will it be identified as such on the back of the headstock, on the TRC, or come with a certificate? Will it be endorsed as such by PRS?

So, will this run actually be a “forum guitar?” Will it be identified as such on the back of the headstock, on the TRC, or come with a certificate? Will it be endorsed as such by PRS?
I did not mean to imply that this was the case...only that the concept originated among forum members, based on discussion from a forum thread. That being said...if the entire run was pre-ordered by forum members...maybe we could request something like that. I/we have been looking/hoping for a 509 with these specs since they came out, and this appears to be the only way to make it happen, short of a PS build...so a special inscription, certificate or TRC wasn’t really discussed. If there is sufficient interest I would be happy to request this through the dealer.

Each guitar will come with a certified certificate hand-written in the finest of gold paint pens by yours truly. Picture of certificate below:

IMG_4573.jpg

Man, that sounds fantastic. I’ve been hung up on the idea of a maple neck PRS. I just got a DGT in yesterday, so it’s way too soon to think about. Besides, the first thing I’d have to do is check with PTC if they could put a Floyd in it - because I’m sick. But imagine? Faded Whale Blue with smoked black hardware and a Floyd? Killer!

I did not mean to imply that this was the case...only that the concept originated among forum members, based on discussion from a forum thread. That being said...if the entire run was pre-ordered by forum members...maybe we could request something like that. I/we have been looking/hoping for a 509 with these specs since they came out, and this appears to be the only way to make it happen, short of a PS build...so a special inscription, certificate or TRC wasn’t really discussed. If there is sufficient interest I would be happy to request this through the dealer.

I guess I was just confused by the topic line: Forum Wood Library 509 Run??? And apparently, I missed the prior thread about this.

But, Brian cleared that all up with the certificate. :rolleyes:

Sounds like a nice build, BTW.

Last edited:
I guess I was just confused by the topic line: Forum Wood Library 509 Run??? And apparently, I missed the prior thread about this.

But, Brian cleared that all up with the certificate. :rolleyes:

Sounds like a nice build, BTW.

Sounds like you need one! :D

Back