Oh wait...I think it was taken already. :laugh:

Carry on.

It has been taken, by this woman
Isis_zps95bc1c10.jpg
[/IMG]

It has been taken, by this woman
Isis_zps95bc1c10.jpg
[/IMG]

She was still active in the late 13th Century in Egypt. She didn't have many followers left, but there were a few pockets of admirers, so she stuck around.

We went out a few times. Great sense of humor!

How about one of the new brush stroke birds with PRS Forum 2013 discretely etched in to the strokes? I'm no artist, but I'm sure you get my drift.....

I agree with a vote. I would love to see something with the new brushstroke birds. they are beautiful, modern and have both a touch of class and modern art.

How about merging both ideas? How about a unique brushstroke bird and a banner around it (Like on a PS headstock) etched with "Official PRS Forum" on the metal TRC Shawn mentioned?

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;54003 said:
How about merging both ideas? How about a unique brushstroke bird and a banner around it (Like on a PS headstock) etched with "Official PRS Forum" on the metal TRC Shawn mentioned?

+1

Not sure how you stylistically incorporate brushstroke minimalist birds with a traditional neoclassical banner, guys.

It's like wearing plaid tennis shoes with a tuxedo. I mean, you can do it, but something's off. It won't hang together. Think cheeseburger wrapped in sushi. Doesn't go.

If you could stylize the banner or use letters somehow to match the birds, it would be better.

You're talking about a very small item in a TRC, not much room for stuff to throw on it. The simpler, and the more stylistically consistent, the better it will turn out.

Example: the classic TRC for the Santana. One image, one statement. Looks good on the guitar. Now imagine squeezing a little neoclassical banner on it that said, "PRS Santana". Would screw it up. Then it goes from iconic to just another TRC.

Or take the Apple logo. It's simple, one color now. Think back to when it was rainbow colored. Or take an apple laptop, and under the white apple symbol, imagine a little neoclassical ribbon banner that said, "Apple Macintosh." Meh, right?

Clean design works better.

Let's say the PRS forum TRC was just a brushstroke bird on black metal. Cool. It doesn't need to say PRS Forum on it at all, much like the Santana TRC. Speaks for itself, elegantly.

The banner works under the more traditional looking PS Eagle because they're both traditional images, with roots going back a very long time.

Last edited:
Let's say the PRS forum TRC was just a brushstroke bird on black metal. Cool. It doesn't need to say PRS Forum on it at all, much like the Santana TRC. Speaks for itself, elegantly.

for me, less is more. TRC is a very small place. I like the Brushstroke idea. got my vote on that.

Saw this on a guitar on ebay. Can't afford the guitar (sorry), but I love this look. Maybe someone can modify it to brush strokes or put the "FORUM" on a banner. All I've ever really used photoshop for is exchanging heads and bodies. :laugh:

TRC1_zps2968e31b.jpg

How about one of the new brush stroke birds with PRS Forum 2013 discretely etched in to the strokes? I'm no artist, but I'm sure you get my drift.....

Not sure how you stylistically incorporate brushstroke minimalist birds with a traditional neoclassical banner, guys.

If you could stylize the banner or use letters somehow to match the birds, it would be better.

Clean design works better.

The banner works under the more traditional looking PS Eagle because they're both traditional images, with roots going back a very long time.

That's a great way of explaining what I was thinking. You should be able to "hide" any text that you would want in the brush stroke using tone on tone in the etching process. Wouldn't be a fan of the stroke and the banner, or for that matter a block of text.

I feel like the brush stroke effect will look lost on a guitar without it anywhere else. Like it won't really make sense or look like a bird standing alone. But that's just me, if it turns out looking good I'll still go for it!

Back