Forum Guitar Poll #3 - The Base Core Model

Which base model(s)will keep your interest in this project?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

rugerpc

A♥ hoards guitars ♥A Soldier 25, DFZ
This is probably the poll that will kill the current effort to build the Forum Guitar. Not that I'm a pessimist. I'm just not immune to the swirling wind currents concerning this effort.

The Secret Sauce is defined here:

https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/forum-guitar-poll-1-the-secret-sauce.31835/

The price point is defined here:

https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/forum-guitar-poll-2-price-point.32136/

Now, we address the core model. Not the woods, not the colors, just the base model the WL Forum Guitar will start life as...

Vote for all of your acceptable choices, more than one if it is true for you.

This poll closes in 2 weeks.

The votes are in. I'm share your sentiment on this one Bill...let's see if this train can stay on the track!

I was going to vote for the CU24-08 but I still don't think I can pay the price point, so abstaining from vote. (looks like that would have further divided the vote though lol)...maybe I can make it work if you all decide on a model I "need".

Edit - I decided to put in my vote for Special SH. I would try hard to make it work if this one is chosen.

Last edited:
McCarty! I would prefer a DC solid body, but would be fine with a SH, preferably DC. :)

Last edited:
I voted for the 594s. Not wanting to split the difference intentionally, but I'd really like a SC594 SH. So if the choices within the 594 family truly are between a SC954 solid body, or a DC 594 SH, I will withdraw and look at my own build.

I voted for the 594s. Not wanting to split the difference intentionally, but I'd really like a SC594 SH. So if the choices within the 594 family truly are between a SC954 solid body, or a DC 594 SH, I will withdraw and look at my own build.
Well, I just grabbed a completely different PRSi off Reverb, so my likelihood of participating just took a huge nosedive. @rugerpc , the poll won't let me change my vote unless I actually select at least one thing, so I have selected the SC594 since that is the "most likely" to draw my attention.

Not a lot of love for the 509 I see....

I voted 509. Seems like a really interesting guitar.

I like it - its quite versatile and you have individual switching for the Humbuckers too. It does have some good 'single' coil tones that can be quite 'strat/tele' like so I use mine mostly for those. It seems like its not that popular though.

I like it - its quite versatile and you have individual switching for the Humbuckers too. It does have some good 'single' coil tones that can be quite 'strat/tele' like so I use mine mostly for those. It seems like its not that popular though.

My thinking is that it seems like a VERY cool guitar, and it doesn’t get enough love. I plan to get one at some point.

And what would be a better forum guitar than one that is a bit on the “off the beaten path” side of the world?

I’ll take mine with maple or African Blackwood fretboard, please.

I forgot to mention re: 509 that I’ve learned never underestimate Paul R. Smith’s pickup and guitar innovations.

My Sig Ltd that preceded the 408, and the 408? Check. PS 20 with the NF and Paul’s Guitar pickups? Check. 594? Check. 57/08s? Check.

CU24 being an amazingly good idea? Check. Singlecuts? Check. McCarty? Yes, I’ll have more, please.

I could go on and on. But it’s not like I’ll get much pushback here. ;)

Not a lot of love for the 509 I see....

I voted 509. Seems like a really interesting guitar.

There is a 509 run that Brian is doing for several of us, if you're interested. There's a thread about it somewhere. It's a swamp ash body,nmaple cap, maple neck and board. Thanks to Tosca for getting it rolling, and the 5 of us that got it committed!

There is a 509 run that Brian is doing for several of us, if you're interested. There's a thread about it somewhere. It's a swamp ash body,nmaple cap, maple neck and board. Thanks to Tosca for getting it rolling, and the 5 of us that got it committed!

Sounds like it’ll be very cool!

But you know, I have that SH 594 in the hopper. That’s it for a while, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back