Forum Guitar Poll #2 - price point

Is the mid $4K range a doable thing for you? Votes will be linked to user names from this poin on.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

rugerpc

A♥ hoards guitars ♥A Soldier 25, DFZ
Since this could be the next sticking point, I think it needs to be addressed next.

There have been lots of suggestions, from a ‘special’ SE run to things that are obviously Private Stock territory.

The current proposal is for a Wood Library core model with the Secret Sauce’ PRS is willing to slather on.
Read about the Secret Sauce here:
https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/forum-guitar-poll-1-the-secret-sauce.31835/

The dealer and I have talked quite a bit and without venturing into the upscale WL woods, the price point will be the mid $4K range. No, I cannot tell you the exact pricing, we aren’t allowed to do that here. If it goes forward, you will discuss EXACT pricing with the dealer.

So, we need 10 or more (in multiples of 10) that this price point doesn’t scare away to even consider proceeding.

Vote now. Poll open for 2 weeks.

i"m going to hold off any further votes. I was thinking I could be in - depending on final specs. But realistically, I can't pay $4k right now and that is really the price point for a good US made core model. :(

Last edited:
I voted yes but it is going to depend on the details.

It ain’t the money for me...it’s the time of year; Guitar Independence Day.

In Congress
July 1, 2018

The Unanimous Declaration of One Guy Who Plays Guitar

When in the course of human events it becomes necessary for one guy to set forth the limits of the separate and equal station to which The Laws of Nature and the Laws of Nature’s guitars entitle him, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that he declare the causes which impel him to state these limits.

I hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are going to disagree on their guitar of choice, and that they are endowed with certain unalienable rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of One’s Own Ideas of Guitar Joy-Joy.

When a long train of other guitar players endeavor to reduce the Joy-Joy by usurping or influencing the choice of guitar to play, it is my right, it is my duty, to throw off such action and to choose my own new guitars for my future security.

I therefore mutually pledge to myself my Life, my Guitars, and my Sacred Honor.

Plus, the Gods of Tone choose my guitars, not mere mortal members of an Internet forum!

Les Hancock

Large Curlicue Under Signature!

;)

I voted "Umm, Yes". But: as others have stated, I need to "want" the model/wood config combo. If it is a regular CU24 with a cocobolo FB and flamed (not quilted) top, well I can get one of those any ole day off Reverb for a reasonable price - the secret sauce wouldn't be enough to sway me.

If we come up with something akin to (but obviously different from) the WL509 order co-ordinated through this forum, then my interest is piqued.

EDIT:

I suppose I should also be honest and mention that the SC594 Semi-Hollow announced at Experience2018 is also on my radar,and since the order window for that closes in late August, I will be using that as a default if this Forum Guitar thing doesn't gel for me. Now, if the Forum Guitar turns into a WL Semi-hollow SC594, then I am all in!

I really like the idea of a Forum guitar and I appreciate all the effort that I've seen going into this but its both out of my league price wise and not interesting or different enough to even consider spending " the most I've ever spent on a guitar "
I would be more interested if there was a way to have the Forum guitars custom painted, take batchs of CEs ( or the possibility of SEs and CEs so more forumites could be a part of this ) send them out to be painted then back to PRS to be assembled possibly add a Mann Trem or something to make it more special, maybe we could do this thru PTC.
Again thanks for all the work I have seen going into this !!!!!

I can do it financially... it would just have to be something different and desirable to add to the gear I already have.

I voted yes, and as others have mentioned, it would almost certainly have to be something different to add to my collection. I would definitely be tempted by something like a McCarty DC.

I voted yes but it is going to depend on the details.

I can do it financially... it would just have to be something different and desirable to add to the gear I already have.
Yes, I can do it financially and voted "Yes" accordingly. But it would depend on the time of year, and it would depend on the details. I've decided I'm fairly set on guitars. I know that is blasphemous. It would have to be next year. And if there is next guitar at this point I'm thinking Santana.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back