First post: Jade vs. Emerald Green

jch323

Forgive me if this has been addressed, but I didn't see it come up in the search function. I haven't looked at anything PRS in quite some time, but I always loved the classic Emerald Green finish. I see where that's no longer an option but Jade is. In a lot of the official stills photos I've seen, they look very similar. Does anyone have any opinions on how closely Emerald Green and Jade match up.

Jade seems to be a much darker shade of green...emerald was more vibrant green, and jade is moving towards leprechaun tooth...uh, I think??? But either way, you can't go wrong with green!!!

Emerald green is one of my favorite PRS guitar colors. I would choose emerald over jade every time.

This is the kind of thread that requires pics...

Jade:

k1w9rvltpznlhemrr2pn.jpg

Emerald green:

1.jpg

My first PRS was Emerald Green (my Avatar), I'm glad I have it. I do think Jade is as close as you are going to get in modern colors.

I like Jade...a LOT! But in my mind, Emerald Green is where it's at. If you can't get the guitar you want in Emerald, perhaps a short visit to the PTC is a possibility?

IMG_3370_zps7dc8965b.jpg

When was the change from emerald to jade put in place? I know PS and Artist have more leeway, my 2013 "sprayers choice" finish has emerald back and front edge burst:

IMG_5093_zpsabe41227.jpg

IMG_5091_zps916cf0fa.jpg

and yes, I was just using this as an excuse to post pictures of my baby.

Tom

When was the change from emerald to jade put in place? I know PS and Artist have more leeway, my 2013 "sprayers choice" finish has emerald back and front edge burst:

It seems that colors come and go in PRS's palette. Emerald was last available in the late-00s, I think, and Jade showed up a couple of years ago.

I have an Emerald green CU24, and so does a co-worker. We both consider it our favorite color for a PRS - although I must say other colors I have seen are awesome too! For me, though, my first PRS had to be a CU24 (w/ trem), with birds, in Emerald Green. 10-top was optional but nice. And that is what I got.

I have a 2007 sc250 in emerald and a 2013 cu22. I love them both, but if Emerald was available again I would be all over that. Something about that color that just pulls me in.

My wife got to pick the color of my first PRS...She picked Emerald Green!

This was my first and is still the best playing guitar I've ever had the pleasure of picking up.
Green_beauty_shot-Mod2_zps03cdc67e.jpg

Back