First Look! The New SE Custom 24 7-String

Me, too Corey - as soon as I saw that Vintage Burst I was wondering why the heck they didn't offer that color on the 6 stringer.

Like rugerpc, I am challenged enough on 6 strings to not want 7, but if they came out with a VB 6-er with that bridge, I would whip out the credit card...AGAIN...
Yeah, that is nice.
I think if I buy another SE though after I get the Custom 24, it is going to be one like I just got my son.
I could not put it down over the long weekend we just had.
I think the 25" scale made a big difference over my Santanas shorter one.

Me, too Corey - as soon as I saw that Vintage Burst I was wondering why the heck they didn't offer that color on the 6 stringer.

Like rugerpc, I am challenged enough on 6 strings to not want 7, but if they came out with a VB 6-er with that bridge, I would whip out the credit card...AGAIN...

I actually find the 7 string a little easier because it gives you that extra string to incorporate into chords and runs instead of trying to find a way to on other parts of the fretboard.

Any official word on when these would hit the streets in the UK?
and I'm still punching the air!!! YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This just went up on YouTube. A few PRS employees checking out the 7 String. You might recognize a few of them

Last edited by a moderator:
It's cool that PRS is releasing a 7-string. So far only Ibanez has done the neck right, Schecters are just godawful comfortable - so is PRS 7-string necks feel as comfortable as Ibanez they should give them a run for their money. Though PRS could have put up a more versatile video than everyone chugging away on the two bottom strings. The tonal range of this monster should be displayed to blow everyone away like we all know PRS guitars can ;)

Unlikely i'll be in the market for a 7 string any time soon - need to get my head round the other 6 strings first - but they are looking stunning! More blue SE's!!!

Any chance of a limited edition Bernie in blue? I could justify buying another if it was that colour!!!

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;21745 said:
THIS IS THE MOST KICK-ASS PRS VIDEO EVER.

E - V - E - R!!!

\m/ \m/

So 99% of PRS guitars get time in Pauls studio for a demo but the hugely anticipated 7 string gets shot in the hallway? IM OUTRAGED!

[I'm kidding - we appreciate the quick video to hold us over until this weekend <3]

So 99% of PRS guitars get time in Pauls studio for a demo but the hugely anticipated 7 string gets shot in the hallway? IM OUTRAGED!

[I'm kidding - we appreciate the quick video to hold us over until this weekend <3]
No pomp.

No circumstance.

Just a fist in your face.

Rock-n-roll.

Back