First ever CD purchase

kes7u

Wife's husband and Dog's dad
OK. The 'Living Colour on Seth Myers' Thread got me to thinking how interesting this is.

What is the first CD you every purchased? I'll start.

Bon Jovi
Slippery When Wet

Kevin

My dad was a cop when I was growing up and he had the Santa at the police Christmas party give me Rage Against The Machine Evil Empire when I was in 5th grade. Always found that funny!

First specific CD purchase, or first album? First album was Jailbreak by Thin Lizzy . First CD was Diesel and Dust by Midnight Oil

I remember it well. I was about 13 and I bought my first CD player stereo from Sam's Club. I plucked Eric Clapton's There's One in Every Crowd out of the bargain bin. Not a great album, but I listened to it a bunch because it was so cool to play a CD in comparison to all my cassettes!

Well, since I already spilled that I can't recall the first CD in the other thread, and that my first album purchase (with my own money) was Women & Children First and Highway To Hell in 1980, I'll go with my first album period. I talked my aunt into plunking down a quarter for the first KISS album at a neighbor's garage sale.

As I mentioned in the other thread, It was Whitney Houston's album Whitney, with I Wanna Dance with Somebody on it. First album with my own money was Madonna's Like A Virgin. First album I made my sister buy me was Ray Parker Jr.'s Other Woman.

The first CD I got was Meat Loaf's Bat Out of Hell. The first album I bought with my own money was the Commodores' Night Shift on cassette, and the first vinyl record I bought was Queen's Night at the Opera. Man, I miss that RCA Victrola we had when I was in high school.

I bought three CDs in my first batch. Not sure I remember all of them, but Phil Collins' "No Jacket Required" was one. I want to say Amy Grant's "Unguarded" was another, but I can't swear to it. And I believe the third was the Police's "Synchronicity".

First vinyl goes a long way back - I want to say it was "The World Of Johnny Cash", but it's possible I had some of his before that. It's the first one I remember seeing in a store and asking to get it.

My first 8-tracks, when I got my first stereo, were Kansas's "Leftoverture", Boston's debut, and a K-Tel collection (or two).

I bought Several CDs when I got my first player. One of them was Rush - Grace Under Pressure. Not sure about the others. The first album I bought with my own money was Styx- The Grand Illusion, when it first came out.

I used to listen to my brothers CD's as a kid so the first one I actually bought was Papa Roach's Infest, purely because he didn't like it so I had to buy it myself.

Back