Favorite PRS TODAY?

It´s very difficult if you only have a single PRS ;)

iuF2Y3NfQ5-G7hWFwfWgioe7Uo0HjiKjYoKALij9eQvmM8IORd3pkLkEAvnDkLQfY8DLox-p8fyTnCRLPqcN065yY68oTjureQNCCTnHNCqMjlIodu6UYMKJEXIjE0MzJsDdeSRIlU-VSL5cA5A3jJQskjxhzA7s8brb94OWrGOz7GhqfpHW2VxDy3OX7Dvz3liTqCQP0fkB5lZADzr79kr_3hU099hsI9wnATJzHyS_zSvHFKito7ugOFt4XeiXfGWhYFaUZXcJsPa_vNv-OZ8WftxZMxyIzfLgXvndKkjQp_2m5Z6Pj-tRlIEtgs4duJv9t_43yrPrPryXGk_-aPFSGwL4zfKWdZhJRACosqFERd4mJMpI1XkmAPVKhq3aOez8-CuW4ls8SDftjr4nJcHI1PiinIw9WlchtCqkAla2Kmjs-QzwBez0fpPDNKVLe3YZotDSnnyGF_qwyTSiWTUDajHGfVL1TAvAYmKjSxcBQ2AmavcNTb3cq439xp9R-9NRZOIQ1-vybD3bYWLkbHFdgC6I4G8XW6e2DJFIa6osd6tqZsceOzUrybOOoHYhBGDjGA=w1723-h969-no

OD7o5-DV9fPFe2scf-OplpR8-VgwJP_E6J4XjqY6ZJBv6ChJGWFMOMC3bjasubyNXl91X46d76_SDTwbxmg1O4EjSiINI54bisMInDsdEi7dfv3F8gojq7RLM2h4pHi1BOpB8wfYPPttiV8s8vVpcYZWkNPy24dvVb8VjLlrlBvhIPN9v8rp9B-wVulsFKHC-QyNRhd1z791yXPmEMk2IPb72YkfkuAflBLw6ZtjQ1RVi18Mcsog6P1oDZvEPT_3UVDI74z4QcxOy9qAMNdQheArrRSOFzWY7rJ--kBEpX0-c3nAuN5ZusXZDmcOC0qpAj8oEWU8IETxM_fHX3zL1ggoDafQaDklbNwq5nYRat3P0mSB1HeYoYLvQeH2pplkOYd6QCEMiayR18IpOy2GmoEoAbPUu_kPqylRvp8kumwFjRq4wLUcxIn6-vBH7Q1QU_ht_gzNdF5GsILFjN6qWfj_cHkXuHTAVyIxd5crZ7_Y9gNVEigiwP3FhKA58BnJkw2oRztmRPSQDNXGfPUEUsjC8qBj97jmzBvLcKlVp9NmyAY4bOZkNkUTJ5ga7GXE9nLAgw=w546-h969-no

(For the record: Military accommodation. To save weight I tried out the Levi´s/Parker gigbag. It suits well.)

... HFS pick up in the bridge position... or a paf.
IMO, there's a huge difference between the two. YouTube does a pretty good job giving examples that I found accurate. Personally, I like the PAF side, but the HFS has its merits. Consider buying both!

IMO, there's a huge difference between the two. YouTube does a pretty good job giving examples that I found accurate. Personally, I like the PAF side, but the HFS has its merits. Consider buying both!
Awesome, I have both. It's just that I have #6 pickups in the SC trem and I'm having a hard time liking them. I was hoping something different would give me better results. I think a paf mule should work fine.

Today that Northern Lights 20th Anni of PS guitar played the easiest for me, with the 30th Anniversary CU24 coming a close second. No surprise there, both are tremolo equipped, and that will usually make the action a little less stiff due to the ability of the trem to move a little when you press a string.

With my hand issue, I'm having a hard time with my stoptails.

It's no longer even about the tone, or what I'm in the mood to hear. Now it's all about "Can I even play a chord on the damn thing?"

Today I have been playing, and loving, my EG-3. This guitar is just a total beast. I'm not sure why more people don't have them and swear by them. I A/B'd it with a Silver Sky and greatly preferred the EG-3. Different kicks for different micks, after all....BUT, regardless, the EG-3 is the unsung hero of the old PRS range.

Mine is a 1990, and has a couple of mods. The pickups are the Seymour Duncan Jimi Hendrix set, and the wiring is courtesy of Tone Man Guitar. Here's what he has to say about the wiring harness:

The Blues 64 Strat kit uses the best audio taper pots, vintage PIO .1uf tone cap just like Fender used used in the 50's and early 60's in many models. Now we have added 2 great features, (1) Special volume / tone frequency filter that helps remove some of those harsh high frequencies while allowing those sweet higher frequencies on thru. Improved taper and performance of volume and tone controls with less treble loss. (2) Our special tone control wiring for T1 control of the neck and middle pickup & T2 control of the bridge pickup only.

Don't know how much is propaganda vs. tonal truth, lol. I do know that this EG-3 is the best sounding "strat" I have ever owned.

Today that Northern Lights 20th Anni of PS guitar played the easiest for me, with the 30th Anniversary CU24 coming a close second. No surprise there, both are tremolo equipped, and that will usually make the action a little less stiff due to the ability of the trem to move a little when you press a string.

With my hand issue, I'm having a hard time with my stoptails.

It's no longer even about the tone, or what I'm in the mood to hear. Now it's all about "Can I even play a chord on the damn thing?"
Sorry to hear that Les

Today I have been playing, and loving, my EG-3. This guitar is just a total beast. I'm not sure why more people don't have them and swear by them. I A/B'd it with a Silver Sky and greatly preferred the EG-3. Different kicks for different micks, after all....BUT, regardless, the EG-3 is the unsung hero of the old PRS range.

Mine is a 1990, and has a couple of mods. The pickups are the Seymour Duncan Jimi Hendrix set, and the wiring is courtesy of Tone Man Guitar. Here's what he has to say about the wiring harness:

The Blues 64 Strat kit uses the best audio taper pots, vintage PIO .1uf tone cap just like Fender used used in the 50's and early 60's in many models. Now we have added 2 great features, (1) Special volume / tone frequency filter that helps remove some of those harsh high frequencies while allowing those sweet higher frequencies on thru. Improved taper and performance of volume and tone controls with less treble loss. (2) Our special tone control wiring for T1 control of the neck and middle pickup & T2 control of the bridge pickup only.

Don't know how much is propaganda vs. tonal truth, lol. I do know that this EG-3 is the best sounding "strat" I have ever owned.

This is one that I've always had in the back of my mind as a gigging guitar, likely in an HSS config. Super understated, but all of the glory of PRS. I think I need to add one some day soon. Perhaps when my guitar buying embargo is lifted by the boss ;)

It’s a lot better now; that was posted around the time of my corrective surgery in 2016, before the hand began to recover. 3 1/2 years later, I have a good chunk of what I lost back. Two fingers are still a bit numb, but they work and have regained strength. I’m very lucky!
Glad to hear that Les.

Back