• Pattern regular/standard

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • Pattern

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Regular

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters

Alarik

What's your weapon of choice when it comes to the neck profile?
I do like when there's a chunky feel to it so i'm a sucker for the old trusty wide/fat. I dont find any of the other different shapes uncomfortable in any way but if i could only have one neck profile i'd go for the W/F every day of the week.
-what would you pick?

Last edited:
Personally if I liked a guitar I'd buy it irrespective of the neck profile. I have all sorts of different necks and I just play 'em. But, given a choice it would be wide/thin.

Only relying on PRS guitars, I played PRSi with Wide Thin, Wide Fat, Pattern Regular (I purchased one with that certain neck profile), and I was allowed to play a guitar with Paul's personal profile of choice.
I feel myself very confidend with Pattern Regular (Wide Fat differs to that not as much in fact). Wide Thin and Paul's neck profile are little too flat to me in case of having a playing endurance.

Usually Pattern if there's a choice, but I've got Pattern Regular on my CU24 30th and like it, too. I've had Pattern Thin, Regular, W/F, and W/T, and haven't had issues with any carve.

I guess you could say I've got Peter Pan Syndrome when it comes to entering into a serious neck carve commitment. ;)

But I do have a serious relationship going with PRS...

I played wide fat for 5 years then bought another PRS with pattern regular with even trying one first
And it was more comfortable so I stuck with it and ordered a 513 AP with IRW neck in that carve, now I can play WF but tried WT and it's not for me

I voted Pattern, but I get along just fine on the Pattern Regular. The asymmetric Pattern Vintage on the McCarty 594 is wonderful.

I've only played the most common necks, don't usually know what I'm getting until I get it. But I have heard that neck thickness makes a big difference in tone, so I'm wanting to try a wide fat, not because of fit, but because of tone.

Wide Fat...but the new carve on the 594's has me wanting to try one as it think it will bridge my small issue with the Pattern carve.

I've tried several necks (Wide/Thin, Pattern Thin, Pattern Regular), but Pattern Regular feels the most comfortable to me.

I have Wide Fat, Wide Thin, and Pattern Regular necks. I haven't tried any of the other profiles like Santana or the new 594.

I was quite smitten by the Wide Thin profile at first, but my Spruce HB is Wide Thick and feels quite natural, so I think I just adapt.

Given the choice, I'm not sure which I would specify...

Didn't know that the W/F was so popular. Always though that the W/T or the Pattern thin would be the peoples choice.

Back