Favorite flame top

Loving all the sweet flame tops here! I’ll throw mine in the loop. It has a nice mix of wide and tight flame with a great book match.

31188659285_f9ffe64e2f_b.jpg

30381864483_7bc5ca579e_b.jpg
Mumbles incoherently and wanders off aimlessly! Wow!!

Loving all the sweet flame tops here! I’ll throw mine in the loop. It has a nice mix of wide and tight flame with a great book match.

31188659285_f9ffe64e2f_b.jpg

30381864483_7bc5ca579e_b.jpg
Always loved this one! But your Blue/green DGT with the pernie neck belongs here as well!

*Drum roll*....

While we await appearance of aforementioned pernie DGT (hint hint jcha;)), here are some whose photos I have collected over the years. If you own any of these guitars, I hope you don’t mind me posting here - I’m holding yours up as emblems.

First up, the ubiquitously desirable TEXTBOOK wide flame. No excursions no deviations, just military precision wood growth.
CPEH6XX.jpg

SmL8DfX.jpg
MKg6jKl.jpg
UeZYutL.jpg

Next up, flame with personality! Wild and daring, whispering to our rebellious and dark sides. The saplings in Treant High that nobody ever thought would blossom into supermodels.
FNZ8CSP.jpg
Z4Zybe4.jpg
79yhndx.jpg
ixNzylO.jpg
qzoRSgS.jpg
6YZk89x.jpg

lPskCnY.jpg

Last edited:
Man, I've been in love with this one since I had my PRS "awakening".

I did a quick reverse-image search to find the original listing, since I know I've drooled over that top... but I guess the algorithm still needs some work.

P6kDR0V.png

Feedback sent. ;)
Ha! Well they did get ONE word correct...

Always loved this one! But your Blue/green DGT with the pernie neck belongs here as well!

:eek::eek::eek:

Now we’re talkin!!!

Haha yea, the pernny Blue Green DGT is quite nice. It doesn’t have quite the uniform textbook flame like the Sandstorm, but it has a bit more character if you will. Best part is that it comes in a pair with a White Tiger sibling :D.

26402492442_d084c81f5a_o.jpg

26494805985_23f709a2c2_o.jpg

352hms0.jpg

2cqg1dv.jpg

26221957830_ba4b532c9d_o.jpg

Haha yea, the pernny Blue Green DGT is quite nice. It doesn’t have quite the uniform textbook flame like the Sandstorm, but it has a bit more character if you will. Best part is that it comes in a pair with a White Tiger sibling :D.

352hms0.jpg

2cqg1dv.jpg

Ok everybody, imagine in your mind three full power chords with full distortion. Jang Jang Jang!!!!

Really looks like a piece of jade stone. Beautiful!

It's not the uniform tight grained striping some people might call "textbook" but it is very flame or fire like and changes depending on what angle you're looking from. What is termed as "flame" in the modern guitar world used to be and still is referred to as fiddleback or tiger stripe in the woodworking world. Flame was used to describe certain burl patterns that literally looked like fire. I used to make custom gunstocks and knife handles years ago when the terms leaned more toward descriptive accuracy than marketing. I think the reason they're calling it flame on guitars is because it sounds a lot better to the rock god in us :)

What an enjoyable thread to look through!

I find myself constantly looking at 10 tops all over the internet even tho I'm not in the market (my 594 is a long term gas killer for me). Something entrancing about it, I just love to stare and compare :)

352hms0.jpg

2cqg1dv.jpg

There she is! How did I forget about the white tiger?!? I REALLY need that blue one! . Though one should never break up siblings . Thanks for posting (again)!

I find myself constantly looking at 10 tops all over the internet even tho I'm not in the market (my 594 is a long term gas killer for me). Something entrancing about it, I just love to stare and compare :)
Me too! Everytime I see a killer top I save the photo. My guitar photo collection is probably the best around! :D

Last edited:
Back