Favorite Christmas/Holiday Films - Let's Hear 'em!

andy474x

Knows the Drill
I'm not much of a Christmas festivities guy, but it's finally reached the few days beforehand when I start to enjoy it. So, there are plenty to choose from, what should I be watching on Christmas Eve???

Spinal Tap, Patton, Apocalpse Now, always seem to keep my in-Laws from asking me questions like " I see you bought another guitar...sure looks expensive'..I wasnt trying to be a smart aleck, but this year Im going to be at home and not offshore........I like Bad Santa.. but thats just me.. A Charlie Brown Christmas is a great favorite...

The only real choice:

NationalLampoonsChristmas_Vacation.jpg

ChristmasVacation1.jpg

shitterwasfull.jpg

Last edited:
We have always watched certain films decorating the tree going back many years. Two of my favorites:

Muppet's Christmas carol
The Santa clause

Die Hard with Bruce Willis. Or Trading Places with Eddie Murphy. At least that gets the strangest looks from the person asking. I really like most of them, especially almost any interpretation of A Christmas Carol.

Every year, we try to watch:

A Charlie Brown Christmas
Blackadder's Christmas Carol
Mr. Bean's Christmas episode
Stephen Colbert Christmas
One of the South Park Christmas eps (I'm particularly fond of the first one with Mr. Hankey, and Merry Christmas Charlie Manson)

And the last couple years, we make a point to watch the latest Dr. Who Christmas episode.

I still like those stop motion animated Christmas specials.
"Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer", "Santa Claus is Coming To Town" and "The Year Without a Santa Claus" with Heat and Snow Miser stealing the show with their musical entrances. They also all had great voice actors in them.
"Frosty the Snowman", "A Charlie Brown Christmas" and the original animated "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" are all classics .
The Grinch was a fave when I was a kid. Still is.

I can not let a Christmas go by without seeing "How The Grinch Stole Christmas". I'm talking about the real, the original, the animated one, NOT the Jim Carrey remake. That little film is very special to me for personal reasons, and I try hard to catch it each year.

And it may be a cliche, or old fashioned or whatever, but I still like "It's a Wonderful Life" with Jimmy Stewart.

Goldtop

Last edited:
Any minute now, I'm adding the original South Park short, "The Spirit Of Christmas" to this year's watched list...

Back