Faded and modded 96 CE24

InTooDeep

Out Lobstering...
Figured I have enough posts now to put a few shots of my favorite guitar up! I have owned this guitar for about 11 years now and from the first time I saw it, I thought it was something special!
Specs:
Purple
Regular neck carve
Bird Inlays
PRSh signed electronics cover (not sure who Ryan is or why he got the "killer top CE")

Mods:
2000 NOS term
RS guitar works vintage wiring kit and McCarty switching
Resistor mod on coil taps
Duncan Alnico II Pro neck
Duncan JB bridge
Rosewood pickup rings
Modern lampshade knows
Home made "Modern Dragon" truss rod cover and electronics cover.

Was supposedly purple at one time!
yPMfnS0.jpg

TRC cut from sheet metal and painted. Inspired by the Modern Eagle headstock inlay.
hnizZ8h.jpg

Paul's signature and note:
famJpdv.jpg

Fading more?
AS1DjDS.jpg

This is definitely my 1 item I would take and run with in a disaster situation!
I love the sound and feel of this guitar! I get to play it pretty regularly in my church band too. I can always get the sound I'm looking for with this guitar, and my Boogie Mark IV.
-James

That is one of the best CEs I've seen. You could make money off those truss rod covers, what a great idea!

A lot of the purple and blue tops have faded over the years. I've never seen a faded one I didn't love. Yours is fantastic. Glad you're so happy with it. It's great to find the one.

Amazing CE... what a top that is! Love your custom TR cover too.

I am surprised to see such a top on a CE...
Congrats! Does it have anything written under the bridge pickup?

It just seems to have the usual modcat written there. Nothing out of the ordinary that I noticed.
*edit - I guess it isn't really a MODCAT, just some standard info on the build.

Last edited:
Holy crap! My '96 is the same color (faded the same way) but the top on mine isn't that nice. I don't have birds either. Nice!!

Thanks guys! I wish I could take credit for this awesome guitar, but I'm just someone who was lucky enough to spot it late one night on eBay! True credit of course goes to our awesome host Paul Reed Smith! Thanks for building such an inspiring instrument! Incredible tone, feel and stability in this 22 year old guitar!

That is outstanding! Big fan of the regular neck carve on those.

Another old CE! These things are awesome

That is one of the nicest I have ever seen, the top is awesome and it's nice to see one with birds. Great colour

Back