Factory Tours - Guitars for Purchase?

jdag

I am going to be purchasing a PRS SE Standard 22 or 24 for my nephew. I was thinking that a memorable way to do this would be to take him on a PRS factory tour, and come home with the new guitar.

I realize that the SE models are not made at the MD factory. But I was wondering if anyone knows if there is an ability to purchase guitars on site following the tour.

Thanks in advance, John

As far as I know, PRS only sells through dealers, no direct sales. So unless there are dealers on-site, like for the PRS Experience held pseudo-annually, you are out of luck.

Now, what you could do is find a nice guitar, bring it on the tour, and see if you can get it signed or something. Not sure if that is feasible.

That's a great idea, and gave me another.

He's only 7 (this will be a gift for his 8th birthday). He already plays, I bought him a cheap-o starter guitar for his 7th birthday. So, I could easily pull some slight-of-hand. I could get the guitar and bring it with me, then give it to him there. He'd just assume it was from the factory...I would not have to lie!

That's a cool idea if you can swing it with the factory folks to "...get it at the end of the tour" (or maybe even possibly "...hand it to him off the production line!").

...if you're looking for any surrogate nephews to adopt, I could use another uncle like you.:rolleyes:

kudos.

We had a guest who wanted to surprise her husband with a new guitar after a factory tour. She bought a guitar and then dropped it off at the factory the day before the tour. After they both took the tour, she presented the guitar to her husband in the PRS lobby. It was a nice moment.

Thanks for all the ideas...Now I just need to see if I can schedule a trip down there with him. I live in Rochester, NY, so it is about 5-1/2 to 6 hours away. That being said, I recently bought an SE Standard, and am super-interested in doing the tour myself (here's where the bit of selfishness comes in!).

If you do decide to take the tour let me know. And if you like, you can ship the guitar to me personally (at PRS). I'll get Paul to sign it and I'll have it waiting for you after the tour. Also, I suggest booking a tour as soon as possible, the summer tours fill up quickly.

WOW...that's a heck of an offer! Can I send you mine in advance too! ;-) Or, is it too much to ask if Paul can just conduct my tour? Double ;-)

Seriously...I really appreciate the customer service you are showing. I will talk to my wife tonight and see if we can squeeze it in. The T/Th tours make it tough. I have a lot of job flexibility, but my wife travels every week so does not.

If you do decide to take the tour let me know. And if you like, you can ship the guitar to me personally (at PRS). I'll get Paul to sign it and I'll have it waiting for you after the tour. Also, I suggest booking a tour as soon as possible, the summer tours fill up quickly.

The cool factor for PRS just keeps getting better and better...

That's awesome Shawn! What a nice thing to do.

The cool factor for PRS just keeps getting better and better...

No kidding!

Awesome!
Wish I had gotten into PRS before I moved to the other coast...
For some reason Paul's signature on the headstock has always fascinated me. It even nudged my buying decision of an SE for the 2017 models.
I was drooling over a CU24 recently which had a handwritten sig on the front of the headstock.

WOW...that's a heck of an offer! Can I send you mine in advance too! ;-) Or, is it too much to ask if Paul can just conduct my tour? Double ;-)

Seriously...I really appreciate the customer service you are showing. I will talk to my wife tonight and see if we can squeeze it in. The T/Th tours make it tough. I have a lot of job flexibility, but my wife travels every week so does not.

Paul probably won't be giving the tour :), but I can certainly get the guitar(s) signed for you. Just give me a little advance notice.

I absolutely will...I spoke to my wife last night, now it is just a matter of figuring out the timing. I was in Washington a couple of weeks back, and wanted to take the tour, but it was a Friday.

I absolutely will...I spoke to my wife last night, now it is just a matter of figuring out the timing. I was in Washington a couple of weeks back, and wanted to take the tour, but it was a Friday.

Various employees lead the factory tours, so we have to be mindful of the production schedule when pulling people way from their normal jobs. We simply don't have the extra manpower needed to offer more than 4 tours a week. Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10 AM and 1 PM.

Various employees lead the factory tours, so we have to be mindful of the production schedule when pulling people way from their normal jobs. We simply don't have the extra manpower needed to offer more than 4 tours a week. Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10 AM and 1 PM.
Sure...makes sense. With my job, I've had the fortune to visit hundreds of companies over the years, ranging from suit-and-tie banks in NYC to anything-goes cultures like Zappos and Hasbro. Can't wait to get the chance to see PRS.

Back