Eyeing off a local s/h ad... tell me about CE 22s

JJJ

asleep
Hey fellas

So since I've owned one, I've become a sucker for bargain US models. I found this today:

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/ric...eed-smith-ce22-prs-electric-guitar/1182586514

To put things into perspective my initial thought is that it is a very decent price, S2s are commonly between 2300 and 2900 dollars, the current CEs are 3500+ etc.

What are your thoughts, just looking at the ad and images? Anything amiss?

I may end up checking it out and if the neck is straight I will buy it

It's too early in the day for accurate math...is that like...$1000 U.S.?...but this one looks like a deal! ( If it was blue I'd buy it!;))

It's too early in the day for accurate math...is that like...$1000 U.S.?...but this one looks like a deal! ( If it was blue I'd buy it!;))
mate it's never a good time for math

I'm weird with green finishes but this one is nice

Looks like a good deal to me, especially for something over in Australia - I know PRSi are not exactly cheap there.

Reactions: JJJ
It's a beaut!

Everything looks good to me. It likely would've had the 5 way rotary originally, so just check with the seller on that and the pickups. It should have a Dragon II set in it.

th
It's a beaut!

Everything looks good to me. It likely would've had the 5 way rotary originally, so just check with the seller on that and the pickups. It should have a Dragon II set in it.
thanks. I think the same guitar is listed on ebay for 100 dollars more, and the description says the same but specifies the dragon IIs.

Looks like a good deal to me, especially for something over in Australia - I know PRSi are not exactly cheap there.
All guitar gear here is inflated like crazy. The dealer I bought my starla from just posted about the new private stock guitar they have in stock... 16 thousand dollars. I think they have some piezo models for nearly 7 thousand too. No, the starla wasn't that dear haha :D

All guitar gear here is inflated like crazy. The dealer I bought my starla from just posted about the new private stock guitar they have in stock... 16 thousand dollars. I think they have some piezo models for nearly 7 thousand too. No, the starla wasn't that dear haha :D

I lived in Oz for two years. The high prices were an effective GAS suppressor! I did buy a Cole Clark acoustic while I was there. It was very competitively priced.

I lived in Oz for two years. The high prices were an effective GAS suppressor! I did buy a Cole Clark acoustic while I was there. It was very competitively priced.

Yeah Maton especially seem to be priced very well, back when they made electrics you could buy an Australian made guitar with aussie hardwoods, excellent fretwork and workmanship, for the price of a mexican strat. I really missed the boat on those.

New Zealand is worse, I love that country very much but everything is expensive. Their fuel is more than 2 dollars per litre... can't even afford to drive to the guitar shop

Alright well I've offered 1600 to be cheeky, and I've asked to inspect it

So long as the neck checks out I might take it home. I don't think I have ever been taken by a green guitar before

Action looks pretty low. Ask the seller if the guitar stays in tune with trem use.

I'll be inspecting it in a few days, so I'll see for myself! I usually block trems like that though

There is a PRS artist named Boscoe Jessica France who's #1 is a green, CE22, although a bit darker. He is ridiculously good, and has thick, heavy, awesome tone with the dragon II's. He'll be at Experience, but you can youtube him to see what this guitar is capable of. Then. Buy it.

There is a PRS artist named Boscoe Jessica France who's #1 is a green, CE22, although a bit darker. He is ridiculously good, and has thick, heavy, awesome tone with the dragon II's. He'll be at Experience, but you can youtube him to see what this guitar is capable of. Then. Buy it.
John Mann’s recent uploads might help

Buy it then watch the video.

G'day, fellow Australian.

Seems like a good price. Whenever i see reasonably priced PRS in Australia i tend to snap them up. However, it's rare to find one with birds in Australia. Importing is a real pain, so snap it up!

CE22's are great. I have an '07, solid black with maple fretboard (see avatar). It's a beauty, and I'd never sell it.
TBH, I prefer CEs over CU's. Just for the snappier tone. However, I am not thrilled with the current models. I only look at pre 2010.

Back