Experience PRS & 30th Anniversary Message from Paul

It's going to be replaced by a secret Inner Circle gathering - but don't say anything, the others aren't supposed to know!

(See Hans, I brought it back!)

A few years ago, when the worst of the recession was in effect, I said i'd be glad to skip a year or two if it meant that it would minimize any financial impact on the company (and I'm not saying in any way that finances have anything to do with this year's cancellation), but I have to say, this is hitting me a little harder than I thought it would. Every year I go through the same cycle - a thrill when signing up, a bit of dread when it's time to make the drive, the high of the event, and the realization when it's over that it's another 12 months until the next one. I've had an absolute blast every year, but last year was a total thrill to hang out with so many wonderful folks. THAT'S what I'll miss this year. I love the musical events and the demos, but it's the people who make it special, and I'll miss having the opportunity to hang out with the friends I've made.

Just made a phone call - rumor has it this was forced upon the company. Something about the NSA fearing a Bang Stallions reunion... :eek:

My 2 cents...

Gutted...was looking forward to going to the factory to spec a PS and Experience looked to be the best opportunity to do so with my dealer.

Not sure on the motivation, but I suspect it HAS got to be something to do with a less than stellar return on investment from the event.
The amount of purchases made during the event might not cover the direct cost and indirect cost of the disruption to business.

Asking as a noob, do PRS actually sell much during Experience?

First reaction: do not like. Not one bit.

Second reaction: I'm looking forward to what PRSh and company have up their sleeves. I will wait and watch with interest.

Man, I was planing my triumphant return this year after missing the last two. The first five were a blast (other than that damn kidney stone).

Whatever the exact reasoning, I do think this will lead to something huge for the 30th Anniversary year. Really bummed this won't take place this year though. EXP has been my "get away from reality" trip the past couple years and really bond with a bunch of cool peeps that I converse with every day. It's been good to reset with my favorite guitar freaks each year.

I was going too! My Signature Club membership is secured.

Oh well...I am optimisitic at the 'alternative' but don't like not knowing anything about it. Until then, theres a hole in the calendar...

I am starting to save money for the trip to US to celebrate the 30th Annyversary... and get a commemorative guitar... Foosball throw down!!!

While I'm certainly sad there won't be an "Experience" this year, I never expected them to last forever…

I'm grateful for the ones we had…

Looks like NAMM is definitely in my sights for next year…

Back