Experience PRS 2018 / June 8-9, 2018 - General Registration Now Open!

I just registered....and am taking a buddy with for his 40th birthday. Actually, he'll be taking me since I have to fly out there and he lives local....but I got us registered!

I can only assume this uncharacteristically aggressive response from Sergio is the result of the credit card company C-blocking his recent attempted purchase.

ohhhhh, now I get it! "CARD blocking!" You had me there for a minute. I mean, at first, I was thinking, "well that would be a kick in the groin." But yeah, Card Blocking. That's different thing altogether and you don't feel the urgent need to puke and sing falsetto afterwards. Unless you did before, I guess.

My son and I are registered... if you folks are half as funny irl as in these forums, this promises to be quite entertaining.

So stupid question of the day:

I just (finally) signed up for the Signature Club. Dunno why I didn't do that before. Oh well.

To register for Exp 2018 as Sig Club member, I need my Sig Club membership number.

Do I receive that in the mail, or will it be emailed to me?

I just (finally) signed up for the Signature Club. Dunno why I didn't do that before. Oh well.

To register for Exp 2018 as Sig Club member, I need my Sig Club membership number.

You'll receive it in email. I think mine took about 2-3 business days.

I got mine via email, about 2-3 business days after filling stuff out online.

So silly question, trying to figure out whether there is a chance of getting Paul to sign a guitar:

PRS says that they ask that we leave our guitars at home, and that Paul will not be signing guitars, but they will have backplates on sale, etc:

But then they go on to say for the Sig Club Cocktail hour there is a designated time slot for Paul to sign stuff. No definition of "one item":

and

So can Sig Club folks get PRSh's signature on anything, including a guitar? And they are just trying to limit the entire crowd from dragging guitars around?

Or is it a case of no-one gets their guitar signed, no matter what?

Backplates being signed is nice, but really I'd like a guitar to be signed by PRSh for it to mean anything to me.
Maybe they are worried some one might bring a Gibson or Fender for the Jam session lol

I will be going this year and really looking forward to it! I also renewed my membership in the Sig Club but I never received my number.
That's unfortunate, since the thing I enjoy most about Experience has become seeing friends from the forum. If you've never been, I can tell you, the logistics of everyone bringing a guitar are terrible. They are selling new guitars, so they would have to check cases on entry and leaving to confirm that you came with is what you leave with. Even if you assume all PRS people would never steal (except Paul's car), the parking around the business park is not a place I would want to leave valuables too long. And if everyone was carrying a cased guitar all day, nobody would be able to move. Hopefully a dealer will have an event you can attend.
Who is the lucky dealer that will be selling the special guitars there?, i still think forum members should be able to buy direct at least once a year, from the PRS show, and save at least the dealers profit. and all signed at the factory, with a certificate,now they could be more sought after in years to come, rather than signed after they leave the factory .(no risk of a fake signiture) especially the one offs being offered for sale, could be a good investment.

So, I’ve seen a few pics, and a video or two, but I have no idea.... how many people attend these events? Curious about just how many people go to these. Anyone have numbers?

Last edited by a moderator:
powwow_lg.jpg

2013:

Signature-Club-Group-Photo_2013.jpg

If memory serves, the first year (2007) was around 700. The peak estimate I heard was around 2700. The past couple years, they've made changes that have kept the numbers a bit lower (don't remember hearing numbers for those), but the last couple years have felt a little less congested.

The one thing I did hear the last time (and the way it was spoken made me think I wasn't supposed to hear it, so I hope I'm not speaking out of turn) was, "If he's here again, it's still one too many". I'm not sure who my wife was talking about - never asked.

As an attendee it's hard to guess how many are there. Some people spend the day, some people only make a short visit of it.

There are many dealers selling guitars, but I don't think you'll find any doing it for free for forum members. Forum members seem to be a "special" group and they make the Experience special in their own way.

OK, just got my Sig Club registration info (two full business days, over a weekend), and I have registered for Experience PRS 2018! And since I have pre-ordered a $20 shirt, I better make sure I get there, eh?

I do hope I find a unique and special-to-me guitar at the dealers-floor - it is exactly the kind of impulse buy I usually don't do, so it would be a nice treat emotionally.

I wonder if there will be special variants of the Silver Sky there, like ones with maple boards? If so, I will snatch one up faster than you can say "dibs!"

powwow_lg.jpg

2013:

Signature-Club-Group-Photo_2013.jpg

If memory serves, the first year (2007) was around 700. The peak estimate I heard was around 2700. The past couple years, they've made changes that have kept the numbers a bit lower (don't remember hearing numbers for those), but the last couple years have felt a little less congested.

The one thing I did hear the last time (and the way it was spoken made me think I wasn't supposed to hear it, so I hope I'm not speaking out of turn) was, "If he's here again, it's still one too many". I'm not sure who my wife was talking about - never asked.

Is that your Experience t-shirt? Just for Experience?

Who is the lucky dealer that will be selling the special guitars there?, i still think forum members should be able to buy direct at least once a year, from the PRS show, and save at least the dealers profit. and all signed at the factory, with a certificate,now they could be more sought after in years to come, rather than signed after they leave the factory .(no risk of a fake signiture) especially the one offs being offered for sale, could be a good investment.
Typically all of the dealers sell the Experience guitars.
Each dealer grabs a bunch of guitars that become theirs to sell. There have generally been more not claimed by a dealer and if you want one of those, any of the dealers can hook you up with it. I’ve been very happy with the pricing.

I wonder if there will be special variants of the Silver Sky there, like ones with maple boards? If so, I will snatch one up faster than you can say "dibs!"

If so, what is your home address? Asking for a friend.

Back